Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Kahr P45 a month ago. I currently have about 400 rounds through it. As I reach the end of my 500 round break-in / reliability check I am now thinking about a ccw holster. I was thinking about getting a Highnoon Closing Argument when they become available for the P45. However I have decided to ask my fellow members of this august body for any input they may have on a holster for this weapon.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Greymoor,

How do you like your P45? I picked one up the other day and thought it felt good. I was a bit concerned that the slide stop might contact my hand during recoil (and it seems a bit sharp like my PM9). I also wondered about the trigger. It seemed long to me, but very smooth.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Nick,

Sorry for the late reply. So far it has been a nice little pistol. At first it is a bit snappy but as the spring breaks in it smooths out. My PM-9 was the same way. I guess it would depend on your hand size and how you hold the pistol as to the slide stop "biting" you. The stop could be smoothed down with a fine sharpening stone if you want to dull the edges a bit.

If you have a range that has one to rent near by I would recommend giving it a whirl and see what you think. I like mine but I won't have the whole story until I can get a good holster and carry it a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts