Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 77 year old man was asleep at his house which is also a marine boat business, when an invasion happened and he woke up to a pickaxe coming through the bedroom door... good thing he keeps a pistol at his bedside. It doesn't say what he used to defend himself, but the bad guy took 7 rounds before giving up.

Someone trying to smash in your bedroom door in the middle of the night sounds more like an execution attempt than a burglary.
A 20-year-old man was shot to death in Foley Tuesday (Feb. 28) night after the business owner caught the man breaking into his store, according to the Foley Police Department.
More...

·
Super Moderator
18,033 Posts
The 77-year-old homeowner told police Jemison entered his bedroom, wearing a black bandanna on his face and charging towards him, when the homeowner fired his pistol.
With that description I doubt he was not there to sell Girl Scout Cookies or collect for the Red Cross, he obviously picked the wrong dwelling to break into.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Exactly why an unloaded gun for HD is not an option...Nice way to wake up btw, good outcome.

Reactions: Rhinoman

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Based on the mugshot, I'd hazard a guess that little 'Cedrick' has had multiple run-ins with the Foley PD. I wonder how long he'd been out of jail this time?

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Thanks to the 77 y.o. for taking out the trash.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
This happened less than 10 miles from where I live. The local news media did not make a big deal of it, there were no protests, riots, Al Sharpton was not involved and the taxpayers of Alabama did not have to support this near-de-well for 20 years. I wonder if this would have turned out the same way in Chicago?:rolleyes: It is good to live in LA (Lower Alabama)! Roll Tide!:image035:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
It would be interesting to know what pissed the guy off. I cant believe he was out for a stroll and just decided to kill some one with his pick axe.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
This story makes me wonder if my HD Jframe is enough

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
What we don't know is how many hits were made with the 7 shots (though the article sounds like he hit him 7 times), how good the shot placements were, etc. One shot to the right area will stop about anyone. 15 shots to the wrong areas won't stop some people.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Given the choice I'd rather use a shotgun or rifle rather than a pistol. Of course a pistol handy on the nightstand may be quicker to use, depending on the situation. A wheelgun may be sufficient for a small number of aggressors, but a double stack or rifle with a decent sized mag may enable a needed continuity of fire.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Could have just pointed his CELL phone at him

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Always nice when the bad guy sets up an air tight scenario for the good guy's lawful justification......

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
There is a correction to the story the suspect was shot (2) times not (7) like the unreliable media reported.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
When are these Thugs going to learn that you don't attack an Old Man?
He knows he's too old to fight you, so he'll just shoot to kill instead.
The Stupid part is for all he knows his intended victim may have been a Combat Soldier and most likely had to kill before.
So pulling a trigger on an attacker would be a NON issue.

Just think of all the money that $3.00 worth of ammo saved the Taxpayers!

[Soup Nazi Voice ON]No more breaking and entering for you![Soup Nazi Voice OFF]

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Seven shots, maybe but in my case it would be put the laser dot where you want the first shot to go and most likely that would be enough.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts