Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have pistols (Combat pistols and AR-15 variety), as well as a bullpup. I prefer it for maneuverability and capacity. Electronic Hearing protection is alongside.

Comparison of the CAA Micro Roni Stabilizer (Glock 23) with the Tavor and the AR-15 pistols.

Of course the Glock 23 is still, just a handgun load. It has a light and the stability of the stabilizer with a red dot gives me more accuracy and speed. The Roni decreases muzzle flip.

The bullpup is compact will also have a light and red dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Nice! You'll have to do some range reports on them!

Reactions: CDRGlock

·
Registered
598 Posts
You sir, are squared away and ready, should the zombie apocalypse breakout.

·
Registered
624 Posts
If I had a home defense situation, I'd be grabbing the Tavor. 5.56 with enough barrel length for the round to work properly, and it's shorter than your "stabilized" pistols. I'd also have the G23 out of the stabilizer thingy (first time I've seen that.)

While I like the configuration of the "stablized" pistols, if you shot someone in a HD situation, I'd be worried about legal issues. I don't think the ATF or other fed LE/US Attorney would bother with you, it might give the local DA ammo if he wants to go after you. AFAIK there's no real precedent yet with this, and I wouldn't want to be the test case. And with the Tavor, which unquestionably legal, you don't need to take that risk.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I had a home defense situation, I'd be grabbing the Tavor. 5.56 with enough barrel length for the round to work properly, and it's shorter than your "stabilized" pistols. I'd also have the G23 out of the stabilizer thingy (first time I've seen that.)

While I like the configuration of the "stablized" pistols, if you shot someone in a HD situation, I'd be worried about legal issues. I don't think the ATF or other fed LE/US Attorney would bother with you, it might give the local DA ammo if he wants to go after you. AFAIK there's no real precedent yet with this, and I wouldn't want to be the test case. And with the Tavor, which unquestionably legal, you don't need to take that risk.
You make great points about the stabilized pistol. It is only an accessory as you know. The Tavor would definitely be my SHTF gun, though. Accuracy, speed, distance.

I have a full sized AR and a Carbine, too. I just see these pistols and Bullpup to be much more maneuverable, though my hallways are quite large.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Home defense options???? Look like you have that covered just grab another one.. You sure have all the options line up there. Get looking toys you have there

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Home defense options???? Look like you have that covered just grab another one.. You sure have all the options line up there. Get looking toys you have there

Added second tier HD options here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts