Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about a Quick Access Safe for Home Defense for my shotgun a Mossberg 12GA. 500 Mariner. Now so far as securing the Shotgun I've been looking at some Security Cabinets from Stack-On they have a key mechanism aswell as there line of safes they have, particularly there total defense line which is operated by a electronic mechanism, I would be securing the safe & or cabinet in my walk in closet. Now in the event there was ever a home invasion I would want to be able to access the safe/cabinet as fast as possible & I'm curious to know which would be less time consuming to open as every second counts in such a situation. what are you're thoughts on this matter?

·
Registered
82 Posts
It looks like your pistol is going to get knocked around in there if you use the carrying handle! I have a Fort Knox FTK-PB on order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've recently bit the proverbial bullet and bought a V-Line Quick access keyless shotgun safe and am perfectly happy with the quality. It holds my Mossberg, bandolier, BUG, and extra ammo.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
I have a Fort Knox pistol safe under the bed. It is pretty quick to access and it keeps my boys out of it.

In case of home invasion, I am going to respond with my pistol. Because if the invaders know their business they will be fast and I won't have time to run to my closet and retrieve my carbine.

If the dog and the .357 give me enough time then I will retrieve my carbines from a stack-on closet safe http://www.stack-on.com/categories/security-cabinets-gun-cabinets/products/75

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Pray the quick access safes work if you ever need your gun. Even if they do the weapon is better on you at home or in arms reach. No safes for me either.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Pray the quick access safes work if you ever need your gun. Even if they do the weapon is better on you at home or in arms reach. No safes for me either.
My Glock 17 is all mechanical and very reliable as is my handgun safe. It's easily accessible in just a few seconds even in complete darkness. Gun is always in exactly the same place and the trigger is covered when reaching for it. Works very well for me. My HD shotgun does stay loaded in my big safe. If I am retreating with my handgun in hand that is the direction I am moving in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts