Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but two got away......in a hurry from the looks of the video......but the car caught a couple of pellets it would seem.....

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
but two got away......in a hurry from the looks of the video......but the car caught a couple of pellets it would seem.....
Channelview is "NOT" a good part of town. Like any part is?? This is about the 3rd time in the past year, in that area, "that homeowner's are batting 1000, & perp's pretty much zero". :unsure:
Thanks for posting. Guess I missed this one.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Motor vehicle Toy Headgear Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Reactions: PPS1980 and Pete63

·
Premium Member
13,516 Posts
Such a heartwarming story to start my day.
This should be front page for all to see.
I still believe a shotgun is the best form of home defense.
If every home had a shotgun and a willing homeowner to use it.
There would be very few home invasions and no repeat offenders.

·
Registered
52,694 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
A shotgun is brutally effective, and that incident proves it, since he he killed 2 of them.

Quote:
“Once the home invaders tried forcing entry, that’s when the shooting began in both directions. Two of the quartet absorbed loads of buckshot and fell pretty much where they stood. The other two quickly decided they had somewhere — anywhere — else they’d rather be on that Friday night.”

Quote:
Judging by the KTRK news video, it looks like the homeowner used buckshot against the masked marauders. KTRK’s report also obtained some home surveillance video of the suspects exiting their car.
End quote.

Note: I have buckshot in my 870, and it’s a “take no prisoners” kind of gun. That’s why I like it so much.

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
An ER Physician that I used to ride motorcycles with told me that shotgun wounds were much more "labor intensive" wounds to treat than handgun or even rifle wounds. Just his .02 worth! ;)

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Wonder if it would have worked if he just shot it up in the air, I've heard an employed rocket scientist say that's the best way to do it.

• Wow
Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
9,011 Posts
A good pistol may say "NO!" but a good shotgun says "HELL NO!" With 4-1 odds, it was adequate to the task. I gave several of my close kin single shot 20s a few years back, cut short and a 10-rd cuff on the butt...simple to operate, easy to control, ejector for fast reload, and a lot more punch than the handguns they also had. Dusty and probably rusty in at least one case, it's an option that tips the scales more often than not. I think I paid 60-65 each for the last 4 I bought, and cut them myself. Handy and helpful.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again here. After hunting wild hogs many years with different caliber centerfire rifles and shotguns with slugs & buckshot, at ranges within 30 yards, there simply is no comparison. The 12-gauge 3" 00-buck with 12 to 14 .33 caliber pellets do some catastrophic-type damage. At ranges closer than 15 yards, it usually yields what looks like a single 2-3" hole that rips through bone and flesh and most pellets usually exit out the other side in a MUCH larger hole. At ranges farther than 15 yards, say out to 30, you'll get a small pattern of those .33 caliber pellets within about a 5-8" radius (this is just a guesstimate, I have never actually measured the size of the pattern with a ruler). While at that range it typically does not penetrate all the way through a full-size boar's front shoulders, it does remove flesh from bone and shatters said bone into many fragments, instantly incapacitating the animal. Those pigs are a lot tougher than humans, so I can only imagine the devastation they do to the 2-legged critters.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Wonder if it would have worked if he just shot it up in the air, I've heard an employed rocket scientist say that's the best way to do it.
To your your reaction Pete63, I didn't mean he was employed "as" a rocket scientist, I meant he was an employed rocket scientest who is probably just as smart those unemployed rocker scientist. His current job president of the USA.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Sounds like two fellas not doing home invasions in the future...win win

1 - 20 of 23 Posts