Defensive Carry banner

201 - 205 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am a gunsmith and ATF publishes our addresses so I am always prepared with:

EDC 24/7 condition 1 in level 2 kydex custom retention holster, custom SA 1911 with 500 lumen Surefire light and green laser (laser is sighted for ten yards point of aim), tritium night sights, Wilson 10 round mag, including four spare ten round mags, Buffalo Bore 230 grain JHP +P, two ZT tactical knives one in each front pocket, SureFire 1000 lumen tactical flashlight. Heavy leather gunbelt worn at all times except shower and sleep. Taking a shower I have the pistol rig visible within arms reach (minimal shower curtain so pistol is always visible and accessible). My wife’s EDC is a Benchmade OTF Infidel with 3.91 inch blade and a Sig P365 9mm. We sleep with our EDC's in their holsters. We both subscribe to CCWSafe ultimate plan. Then there is the dog.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am seriously considering this very issue and after some thought I have up with a plan for myself.

I thought about my .45ACP but decided against it due to a number of drawbacks despite my long years of familiarity with it mainly due to the hassle of rotating magazines
Why?

Magazine spring retention has been dis-proven many many times.
And with modern mags with modern metallurgy for the springs, it's and absolute non-issue.

Loading and unloading magizine (cycling the springs) causes far more potential damage.

201 - 205 of 205 Posts