Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Once out of bed in the morning pistol goes from the night location to the holster on my waist. Its comes out of that holster as I undress for bed.

100% of Home Invasions happen in the Home - and the County Sheriff will take some time to get to us.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Guns are scary. I lost mine ice fishing last week.
I find them scary, too, which is why I keep the single handgun I do own disassembled and locked in a safe.
Guns are very scary. All of mine are locked away, because they are so scary....:tongue:

·
Registered
937 Posts
I find them scary, too, which is why I keep the single handgun I do own disassembled and locked in a safe.
And your ammo stored in the next county.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Do I carry in the house? I take naps on the couch with my firearm still on my side.
Always means always. Carry means carry! I do take my gun off when I go to sleep at night but it's very, very close.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
When I'm at home, a piece is ALWAYS within my reach no less than 3 seconds away. Either my HK P30 or HK 45c. ALWAYS!

Reactions: sparkyfender

·
Registered
747 Posts
These days I'm less concerned about a home invasion than a SWAT team with the wrong address.
That is a great point. This happens more than reported. For every mistake in a SWAT team making an entry into the wrong address there are so many that go unreported as to not make law enforcement look so bad.

·
Registered
922 Posts
These days I'm less concerned about a home invasion than a SWAT team with the wrong address.
Then your an idiot. Of the 3.7 million burglaries a year in America 266,560 of those became violent crimes against the home owner. About 7% of all burglary's end up as violent home invasions. 1 million over all are just home invasions, which is "entering a dwelling and committing or with intent to commit a crime (as assault) while armed and while another is lawfully present". Only a total idiot would think a "SWAT team" is a bigger threat.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
View attachment 245057

Only people who come to my door are trick-or-treaters and JWs. Everyone else is either too smart or too afraid. Even the mailman tosses packages onto my porch and runs for his truck.
I think I saw you in a movie: "Secondhand Lions."

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Looks like I'm the odd one out, while at home I'm not walking around with a gun on. I keep guns around our home in various locations .....

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Kind of a sad sign of the times that we have to worry about such things. I don't think we seen the worst of it yet. This use to be something only those who lived in bad, high crime, drug infested neighborhoods had to worry about. Now I'm seeing stories and these concerns popping up all over social media as well as gun forums whereas they really didn't exist a few years back.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Kind of a sad sign of the times that we have to worry about such things. I don't think we seen the worst of it yet. This use to be something only those who lived in bad, high crime, drug infested neighborhoods had to worry about. Now I'm seeing stories and these concerns popping up all over social media as well as gun forums whereas they really didn't exist a few years back.
I don't really worry about it. I'm just aware of the possibility. No knock warrants and the proliferation of illegal drugs produces an increase in that type of activity. Mistakes are bound to happen occasionally. Sometimes, it's the fault of the police...but many times they are acting on bad information. An informant gives a wrong address. Some punk decides to play games like the little creep in California.

I keep a scanner app on my cell phone. The neighbor's dog alerts me to any movement in the neighborhood. I don't automatically open the door with gun in hand.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
I don't really worry about it. I'm just aware of the possibility. No knock warrants and the proliferation of illegal drugs produces an increase in that type of activity. Mistakes are bound to happen occasionally. Sometimes, it's the fault of the police...but many times they are acting on bad information. An informant gives a wrong address. Some punk decides to play games like the little creep in California.

I keep a scanner app on my cell phone. The neighbor's dog alerts me to any movement in the neighborhood. I don't automatically open the door with gun in hand.
Heard cases where they simply will shoot the dog before busting in. I tried that scanner app too, but it only keeps record of low level stuff.

·
Registered
966 Posts
It's not my dog. He's fenced across the street. But he barks anytime someone approaches my house and he barks loudly. Multiple vehicles would really get him wound up.

21 - 40 of 205 Posts