Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work from a home office sitting in front of a computer (draftsman). For those that work from a home office on a computer, if you carry on your person (not laying it on the desk or wherever), what is your carry gun?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
At home I IWB Shield or !911 Colt or 9c. What ever I'm Carrying for the day I carry at home.

·
Registered
11,863 Posts
I worked from home for many years. I wore my G26 in an Raven Phantom OWB holster.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
J-frame in a Galco ankle glove.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies so far. A G26 in a Boraii holster is the smallest carry option I have right now. In jeans (that have big enough pockets) with a gun belt, I can get by with pocket carrying in the house. But I'm not always wearing pants that I use a belt with (lighter PJ pants, with pockets, on hot summer days).

ghost tracker's setup is something I've never considered. Might be something to think about for the G26 since I'm sitting a lot of the time...but for upright and walking, I think I'd not want to use an ankle holster. I don't wear tight pants/jeans, but they're not baggy either, so I don't know how efficient pulling up my pants leg and drawing the gun would be.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Whatever I happen to be carrying for the day. I don't have a particular gun for specific office/rooms. Chances are that I will be carrying in an AWIB a G30s or G23, on the belt I have other choices. Even when sitting I can draw and reholster quite easily.

·
Super Moderator
24,988 Posts
A Colt 45 ACP Government XSE in stainless in a Brommeland Def-Con of course. Why anything different?

In past lives I've carried a G36, a G26, or a G17..........in identical Brommeland Def-Cons.

As you can tell, I like Def-Cons. :yup:

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
I work full time from home, and while I have an LC9s, I carry my SR9c IWB because it's my EDC and that's that. My LC9s is my max conceal gun, which is not really an issue being home alone.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've looked at and like what I see in a Panther Concealment OWB...but a belt is needed of course to function properly. And as I mentioned earlier, sometimes I'm belt-less. I think pocket carry is probably the way I'll want to go. A CM9 in a Boraii maybe. Or a G43 with a flush mag in a Boraii. I've seen pics that show that the G43 is basically the same width and height as a CM9/PM9, but a little longer. For economics I'd like to stay with 9mm since it's what I stock already.

And again...thanks for the replies and comments so far.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I would say your EDC should work along with a locked and loaded AR leaned up against your drafting table IF your in a bad neighborhood!:image035:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would say your EDC should work along with a locked and loaded AR leaned up against your drafting table IF your in a bad neighborhood!:image035:
You're probably right about making my G26 work...but maybe I just want another gun...

No drafting table...all done on a computer.

Don't own an AR...yet. I live in a good neighborhood on the edge of town...but a person never knows who might come through the neighborhood.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't work from home, but as a machine designer I do use CAD, but my work area is covered with plots and reference material. At the office my gun is always hidden in exactly the same spot. If I was home, it would be holstered on me, either OWB or ankle carried.

Everyone you meet knows something you don't.
- H. Jackson Brown

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
When I'm dressed I pocket carry, But I keep a gun in the office for those times when I'm in PJ's. I have recently bought a quick open lockbox for the desk drawer. I keep a full sized gun in there. [ a 1911 in 38 super] It does not need to conceal well so It could be anything. DR

1 - 20 of 62 Posts