Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Come on Man, 5 bucks would have gotten you a fun time.

On a serious note. That is a old scam. And just another FYI, don't leave your garage door open during the day, like a Saturday cutting the grass in the back yard.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Around 11am two woman came to my back door. First wanting a questionnaire filled out then to "clean" told them no and they got pushy.

Called the pd, and got pics of the van. This is why I have a pistol by the recliner.
I think my valuables would be OK. However, I would definitely have to keep an eye on the pantry and the refrigerator.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Fences and big dogs prevent that crap
^^YEP^^^^^^^
See pic below!
Dog Dog breed Felidae Wood Carnivore

I think this little statue scares everyone away. I don't get too many people knocking on the door.
View attachment 388975
^^Has to be the statue!!!!!^^^^^:ROFLMAO:
I would have been most unkind to anyone coming to my backdoor. My alter ego can be that way.
^^^Yep^^^^^^^^^^
Or the door INSIDE my attached garage!
If you want someone INSIDE the house and you aren't family or friend, GET YOUR ASS TO THE FRONT DOOR!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My family has lived on our property since 1966, and I think the total number of unexpected solicitors that have come to the door can be counted on one hand with several extra fingers leftover.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Yes, you were cased. Oftentimes burglary crews will send out women ahead of time to scope out homes. They can report back on things like big dogs, retired folks at home, both spouses gone during the day, etc. They went to the backdoor just in case there wasn't anyone home, they could have started right then.

A couple of years ago, we had a "work panel van" come into town. Female driver was high on meth, missed the 45° turn at the bottom of the hill into town and rolled the van.

Driver and 1 other ran off leaving an injured partner in the van. ( But the driver left her wallet and phone 🤣)

In the back of the van were orange parking cones, hard hats from a power company 500 miles away ( probably bought at Goodwill) and burglary tools.

They back into a driveway of a previously cased home, put out the cones and enter (break) into the home wearing hard hats and anyone driving by wouldn't give a second glance.

I have a long driveway. After being cased, I put in a magnetic driveway alarm from Little Rhino. And I am ALWAYS carrying at home now.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Hmm.....lets see.

They have a questionnaire, so they're not soliciting - your no soliciting sign wouldn't count.
Backdoor, so they're avoiding the obvious places you'd put a camera.
'Clean' your house .... from what I see they have a hard time cleaning themselves.

Nope, nope and nope.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Years ago I finished lifting weights and decided to clean some.

Dust was setting my allergies off so I got a dust mask and because I'm me I drew a cat face on it.

I was shirtless wearing my levi 501 button flies and the mask when I hear a knock on the door.

Two women were standing there, I don't know what they wanted but what I said was, "I'm playing dress up, want to come in?"

The left and never came back

1 - 20 of 56 Posts