Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what I just made in my garage. I was really bored. It actually fits both my PPS and my P2000. All the holes are from other attempts. I think it looks ok and it works great!

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
At first look, I thought you lost a gun fight, but there was no blood.:rofl:

Not bad, if it works for ya', that's what counts.:22a:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good first attempt!
If it were me I'll redo the leather part.
welcome to the forum, bornlucky, from a fellow Missourian.

Cuban, it looks like you have good things in place. Snug fitting Kydex, body shield, adjustable cant. I admire your ingenuity.

I think I would secure the Kydex to the leather with a few more rivets, after you replace the leather, since you have the placement where you want it now.

Other than that, it looks great! Be safe.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Resqr,

Thank you for the kind words. I agree, I need to leave a little more kydex on the sides and secure them down better. This was left over kydex from another project, so I didn't think it would turn out that great.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Looks perfect. Guns are tools. Holsters are tools. The purpose of both is self defense. NMNL(no more no less)

·
Registered
288 Posts
How much did this cost you in supplies, well the first attempt....

I bet alot less than $80. Now if I only had a garage....

·
Registered
260 Posts
How much did this cost you in supplies, well the first attempt....

I bet alot less than $80. Now if I only had a garage....
No garage and you probably don't have a basement either!!!

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I started making some leather holsters lately and I'm getting better,you really gotta spray for "Leather Termites", they can ruin a good holster LOL,you shoulda seen my first holster somehow I screwed up on belt slot length,instead of 1 1/2" I cut em 2 1/4",but I did fix em pretty good

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
A lot of popular holster makers could probably provide prototypes that look similar... before they perfected their art. :wink:

Keep at it and we might be ordering holsters from you one day! :bier:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

questions, what type of kydex and where did you get it from. i have been interested in doing the same in my garage.
I ordered it from knifekits.com. I ordered the .063

Cost was about 30 bux for everything. But I have alot of rivets and knowledge left over.

Thumper, I don't think I'll ever sell them. I'll make them for friends and family, but thats about it. Maybe some members on the forum with PPS's and P2000's. I'll also have my mom bring her p2000sk and see if it fits.

I'm make sure to post a DIY step my step when I get the chance. With lots of pics too.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have an order in with Knifekits for some kydex also, I have been making leather holster for a while and am going to give the hybrids a try.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Check out Tandy Leather stores for leather and other supplies either in your area or online

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm actually hitting their local tampa store today. It is right down the street from me. I might ask to see how much it would cost me to get thebasic tools to do a leather holster as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts