Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my CCW today in the mail. It took less than one month from when I applied !!! Got to give props to Michigan for prompt service. Thanks...

Steve

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Congrats on your permit, time for the WWW now.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Nice!

Feels sooooooooo good, doesn't it?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I got my CCW today in the mail. It took less than one month from when I applied !!! Got to give props to Michigan for prompt service. Thanks...

Steve
Congrats. You're fortunate to be in an outlying area. It took 4 months in Wayne County for me. Oakland County was way better too. It only took my dad about 3 weeks to get his.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I can't quite figure out why some states and or counties can do this in 2 to 3 or 4 weeks and some places take upwards of 8 or 9 months. It is a shame how some of these government programs are run. I am fortunate to be near a group of government officials that don't take their jobs for granted. Thanks go out them for being timely. I am also glad the the same group that is running the Cash for Clunkers program, that can't seem to pay the money that is owed to the Auto Dealers in a timely manner isn't running the CCW License program...:embarassed:

Steve

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Congrats on that new permit!:hand10:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats!!! :congrats:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Congrats, do the WWW and report back, and let us know what you carry:smile:

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Congrats, be safe. :image035:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, I don't want to be a dope but I am new to this forum and am wondering what the WWW is ? I am sure that I should know this and everything else but I am a slow learner and also really old :rofl: Also someone asked what I shoot. Well I used a Kimber .45 for my CCW (I know it is a CPL) but CCW is easier to type:rolleyes: I carry a S&W .38 and I also shoot Trap and Sporting Clays when I can.

Steve

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good for you... :35:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just flew into Michigan. On the way down one of the main roads, I saw a billboard advertising CCW classes (but isn't MI a "CPL" state?). Cool stuff.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Congrats, and be safe.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts