Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help on what everyone is using for magazine holsters. I need a holster for standard Glock 43 mag and standard Glock 27 mag. I'm thinking I want to go with OWB and I'm thinking I'd like to have ones that will fit horizontally on my belt. Obviously I also especially since I'm wanting horizontal want the mag holsters to have good retention. Not picky about what the holsters are made of just want some opinions on some decent ones. Horizontal mount mag holsters. Found some on eBay for $20 each but of course idk if they are good or junk.

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
908 Posts
I have two Safariland 123 horizontal mag holders - one for my Glock 17 and one for my Glock 30. The mags are different length so that is why I have two holders. You can buy them on Amazon for about $15.

https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-C...451&sr=1-1&keywords=safariland+123&th=1&psc=1

They have a velcro flap on the end to give excellent retention but some users say having to pull open the flap slows down pulling the mag from the holder which is probably true. The holder attaches to your belt without having to remove the belt. You can't tell it's a mag holder because no part of the mag is visible. The holder lays horizontally on your belt and if your shirt is bloused a little bit over your belt you won't see it. It's very comfortable to wear - can't tell it is there.

The MagHolder that bcc73 mentions is good and has good retention but I don't like the fact that you can see the mag in the holder.

Reactions: AndyC

·
Banned
19,633 Posts
There's not enough real estate on the belt for horizontal mag carriers. Best of luck in your hunt.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I like the Alien Gear mag holders.
They are easily convertible from IWB to OWB and can be worn at any angle 360 degrees.
I like the adjustibility of the cant on this one. I have not tried IWB yet, only OWB. I need to lose a little weight. I don't think I can get the carrier IWB! There's not enough room left in my current pants. And I am NOT buying larger pants.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looked at the magholders and I like the looks of them, however no option for a Glock 43 yet unless I missed it. So I guess maybe I'll consider one of those for the 27 mag and then maybe an alien gear for the 43 mag?

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
I use one from SHTF Gear. Has a screw you can remove, so works with both longer and shorter mags.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
For small/single stack I like the older SHTF horizontal carrier but I don't like the newer one much. I've got two of the Safariland 123 carriers and wear one almost every day. No problem finding enough real estate for me as all I carry on my belt is the gun and the mag.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I've been wearing a very ghetto DIY horizontal mag holster carried on my weak side at about 7 o'clock for the last month or so, to include a tactical pistol class where I was pulling from it to reload. It's been conceals well and is easy to access.

So when I recently met a local guy who makes leather holsters, I asked him to make me one. It should be ready any day, I'll post pics when I get it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For small/single stack I like the older SHTF horizontal carrier but I don't like the newer one much. I've got two of the Safariland 123 carriers and wear one almost every day. No problem finding enough real estate for me as all I carry on my belt is the gun and the mag.
Newer one as in what's offered on black arch website now? Wonder if the older ones are still available anywhere? Looked at the safariland via the above link but don't have g43 or g27 listed under the "size"

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Newer one as in what's offered on black arch website now? Wonder if the older ones are still available anywhere? Looked at the safariland via the above link but don't have g43 or g27 listed under the "size"
Until reading this thread I didn't realize they changed their name. Looking at the website it appears the version I am referring to is still available. I have both, the newer and older, and while both are good I prefer the older version as it had a snap instead of velcro for the belt attachment. The velcro works okay I just liked the older arrangement. On the plus side the velcro does allow for a bit more adjustment, so that's a good thing.

For double stack mags though I prefer the design of the Safariland 123.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have two Safariland 123 horizontal mag holders - one for my Glock 17 and one for my Glock 30. The mags are different length so that is why I have two holders. You can buy them on Amazon for about $15.

https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-C...451&sr=1-1&keywords=safariland+123&th=1&psc=1

They have a velcro flap on the end to give excellent retention but some users say having to pull open the flap slows down pulling the mag from the holder which is probably true. The holder attaches to your belt without having to remove the belt. You can't tell it's a mag holder because no part of the mag is visible. The holder lays horizontally on your belt and if your shirt is bloused a little bit over your belt you won't see it. It's very comfortable to wear - can't tell it is there.

The MagHolder that bcc73 mentions is good and has good retention but I don't like the fact that you can see the mag in the holder.
Picked up a couple G21 mags (13rd) for my G30 (10rd) the other day - interchangeable. Just ordered one of the mag holsters you posted for my new G21 mags. The leather looked flexible enough to where it didn't print badly and if exposed - it doesn't look like a typical mag holster. Had a lot of good reviews.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
908 Posts
John,

You are very welcome. I hope you like it. Thanks, Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dp1911
1 - 20 of 34 Posts