Defensive Carry banner

what do you choose

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
zombie max ammo or critical defense what is better and why ? shotgun ammo and 9mm what ammo do you prefer to shoot of the zombie or critical "?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I need to go to bed.

I read "horny ammo."

Definitely time to set the alarm and try again tomorrow.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I don't buy Hornady ammo, although I buy components from them. Today I almost bought some Z-Max 00 Buckshot since it was just slightly cheaper than Winchester, but how the *&^% do I explain the "Zombie Max" ammo is I ever use it in a defensive shooting? I'm not one to put much stock in the theory that exotic ammo will look bad in court but c'mon- it's freaking ZOMBIE MAX!!! How do you not look like a nutbag shooting someone with that?

·
Registered
179 Posts
The only difference is the polymer is green instead of red.

I prefer critical duty over critical defense.... If I'm having to shoot someone I wanna make sure it gets there regardless of what stands between me and my target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use the Critical Defense in 9mm and .357 mag. I use the Winchester PDX1 ammo in 45acp and Hornady XTP 300gr hollow points in 44 magnum. Biggest thing I could say is use a respectable ammo manufacturer and use what cycles best in the gun. Not all guns are the same. Some do not like the critical defense because of the polymer tip that protrudes from the hollow point. Try a few kinds out and see what cycles best. Better yet see what your local PD uses. If ever used in self defense it would be hard for a procecuting attorney to come after you because of the type of ammo used if you use the same as the PD. Whatever you do never modify or use reloads!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I use critical duty

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
I prefer Federal HST for my handguns. As to the Hornady the Zombie ammo is just an attempt to cash in on a catch phrase. Kind of like tactical. If it says "Zombie or Tactical" it has to be better.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Personally "I" am not concerned with lawyers trying to use the name against me, I would suggest he bring in some "Zombie witnesses" and have them testify how being shot with the "Z" is worse than any other .45 acp - but hey that's just me :wink:

Fact is IF you are justified in the shooting the rest is moot in most cases IMO , and IF it wasn't justified the choice of ammo isn't going to be high on the list of priorities , gotta love Castle Doctrine and stand your ground

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm fairly certain it's the same thing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hornady ammo is good stuff, but like a lot of you I'm sitting the whole "zombie" thing out.
I'm not a curmudgeon, but come on Hornady... let's grow up a little. Honestly I can't believe their own lawyers allow them to sell ammo in boxes that look like they have toys in them. Seems like asking for trouble.

·
Registered
821 Posts
The only difference is the polymer is green instead of red.

I prefer critical duty over critical defense.... If I'm having to shoot someone I wanna make sure it gets there regardless of what stands between me and my target..
I use Critical Defense, mostly. But as stated, the Zombie stuff is the same ammo with a green instead of red nose-plug. It will do the job....:ticking:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts