Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys seen the new Hornady LeverEvolution ammo? Pointed tips for your lever gun. Check them out at
http://www.hornady.com/

Chris- you may want to give the 45-70s a shot in that No 1 of yours. Post that pic again, I love that gun.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Saw them and sold a few boxes too. They seem like a great idea and Hornady has a stellar reputation. The only real 'problem' is that they will shoot high in a gun sighted for standard 30-30 ammo, due to the higher velocity. Of course what that means is that these have a flatter trajectory than standard velocity ammo, which is a good thing. It just limits your ammo choices.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Nice Find hawkeye680

Thanks for posting the thread.
Thanks also for the added info about them shooting high Roadrunner.

Now...I going to hafta do some 30/30 ammo shopping. I like those! :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Chris- you may want to give the 45-70s a shot in that No 1 of yours. Post that pic again, I love that gun.
Hawkeye - here ya go.

I doubt I would bother with them for a single shot rifle - plus, I have my homeload flexibility too. If I had a 94 in thuddy-thuddy tho I would be well interested.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Good article on em in the Jan. Guns and Ammo magazine. They are claiming extended accurate range with the new ammo. I don't own any lever guns, but would try this ammo if I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts