Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admins,

I'd like to direct you to this thread:

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-guns/125505-new-url-bobos-pocket-auto-comparison-chart-2.html

A member created a widely used pocket auto comparison chart. It was hosted on Google Drive. But we know Google's attitude toward guns, and they're now blocking public access to it.

It's a single PDF. Is there any way you can provide hosting and access to this. If you do, it is something that will likely drive traffic to the site.

Thanks for the consideration.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Admins,

I'd like to direct you to this thread:

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-guns/125505-new-url-bobos-pocket-auto-comparison-chart-2.html

A member created a widely used pocket auto comparison chart. It was hosted on Google Drive. But we know Google's attitude toward guns, and they're now blocking public access to it.

It's a single PDF. Is there any way you can provide hosting and access to this. If you do, it is something that will likely drive traffic to the site.

Thanks for the consideration.
The chart is downloadable from the link on the right side of the Mouseguns.com page. I have a copy saved. It is in pdf format, but I can convert it to MS Word or even Excell (though that format will take me a bit of time to arrange).

EDIT Actually...I misspoke. I have both the old and new versions downloaded. Doesn't affect what I said, as any conversion of that chart to Excel will take a bit of time.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one on Mouseguns is supposedly and older version. Bob O does maintain it, and to good effect. The idea is to have him save the updated versions somewhere publicly available.

Probably the best thing would be to convert it to HTML format.

The chart is downloadable from the link on the right side of the Mouseguns.com page. I have a copy saved. It is in pdf format, but I can convert it to MS Word or even Excell (though that format will take me a bit of time to arrange).

EDIT Actually...I misspoke. I have both the old and new versions downloaded. Doesn't affect what I said, as any conversion of that chart to Excel will take a bit of time.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Can it be converted to an image? (Even maybe by taking a screenshot?)

- Cricket
It's multiple pages, so I don't think that would be practical. I'm not really keen on converting it to HTML or BBCode. I think most of us can download the pdf file, keep it off line, and update as needed.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Administrator
1,704 Posts
I see. That takes away the benefit of hosting it on the site as well. No one would be able to update it themselves, you'd need us, and we'd need to contact the server techs and regularly taking those guys off their duties to update PDFs isn't practical either.

Might just have to find an alternative to Google Drive, such as Drop Box

Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts