Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's permit came today! One week to the day that she turned in her application, she has her permit in hand! This year has been awesome year so far. My wife decided it was time to get her permit, she took her course, she bought her 1st gun, and now she has her permit in hand. :danceban:

It will take some time for her to start carrying, as she takes things step by step, but today after she got her permit, she said she needs to get a new belt, a more sturdy one....

Have I ever said how great my wife is?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Congratulations to your wife. I applaud the state of Montana for having such an efficient system. Also you for encouraging her to carry -- that is unless she was bugging you. Either way, it's all good.

I apparently live in the wrong state. I have said this before, but I sent in my paperwork on Dec 27th. I got a letter Feb 27th stating that my fingerprints were unreadable (they were digital). I refingerprinted Feb 28th. I call last week and they told me the second set was unreadable (digital from a different place). They told me they would just do a name check and I should have it in a week to 10 days. We'll see.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My county in NY told me to expect 6 to 8 months due to high volume so I only have 5 to 7 months to wait! It is killing me, but glad for you all.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the congrats, I passed them on to my wife. The number of permit applicants are on the rise this year. I guess the number of applicants they processed in a month last year, they do in a week now. When my wife went to get fingerprinted, there was a very long line at the electronic machine, so the sped up the line and did it old style ink and card. They still were able to process it and get it mailed in a week.

·
Registered
255 Posts
WOW! I am impressed! Even if you Spouse is not into carrying, if ya got to leave it in the car, she would legally be in possession.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had mine 5 days after I turned in my paperwork to the county sheriff. It's the one thing in MN that isn't beurocracized.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am in MT and my wife and I are still waiting. It has been a little over a week and locally I heard it takes 2 weeks here. Good news to you. Locally we have to use the old INK METHOD for fingerprinting still.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Congrats to the wife! It's always good to hear of a new member of the carry community. It sounds like she will be a ready, safe carrier when she begins.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One week? That makes me want to cry. I don't expect to get mine before June...
One week, 5 working days, she turned it in late on a Tuesday afternoon, and had it Tuesday mid-day in the mail. She has been very happy the last couple of days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts