Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Florida and it is very hot here during the summer months I just want to ask what would be the best carry option for a glock 19 when wearing only T-shirt and basketball shorts.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I carry a 32 ina hybrid style holster. I would recommend a SHTF Gear ACE-1. You will get the best comfort and concealment out of it IMO

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I find the G19 us a hard gun to conceal for me.

Summer time in Texas is about as bad as FL.

I shifter to a Glock 36 and IWB Galco Stow and Go holster and that worked fairly well with a untucked shirt or Tshirt.

Then i found a Galco belt slide holster leather and kidex that works great.

If I have to ware the shirt tail out to conceal anyway why go IWB?

Reactions: StormRhydr

·
Premium Member
6,585 Posts
Agree completely re no need for IWB if your shirt covers it.
I find the G19 us a hard gun to conceal for me.

Summer time in Texas is about as bad as FL.

I shifter to a Glock 36 and IWB Galco Stow and Go holster and that worked fairly well with a untucked shirt or Tshirt.

Then i found a Galco belt slide holster leather and kidex that works great.

If I have to ware the shirt tail out to conceal anyway why go IWB?

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
I live in Florida and when I had my Glock 19 I carried it in an IWB MTAC Holster. The original hybrid with all the comfort and less of the leather that makes you sweat in hot humid weather. However, I still found the 19 too big for EDC summer carry and switched to a Sig P938. I can carry it on my belt, IWB or in my pocket where it usually rides in the summer. A Kahr CM9 also is a great hot weather 9mm. With the extended grips you can get the same full fingered grip and an extra round.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Im in FL and carry my 19 in a Whitehat iwb. I am outside most of the day but wear my shirt tucked. Been thinking about switching to a small revolver though.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I would reconsider the basketball shorts. Not really a good option for the weight of the G19.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Basketball shorts are a bad idea, you will either be unsafe (Mexican carry) or look ridiculous (fanny pack, one of those jock strap holsters). I have several pairs of Reebok and Nike athletic shorts that have decent draw strings that can be tied and actually stay tight. That would allow you to use a stick holster like a Remora or DeSantis stuck IWB or possibly something like a MIC or Raven Vanguard to go AIWB and loop the retention cord through the drawstring for the anchor point.

Another option (funds permitting of course) would be to invest in a smaller pistol for summer use, like a small revolver or semi auto.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd say either get real shorts that allow for a real belt, or get a pocket revolver with a pocket holster (Ruger LCR or S&W 442 or 642).

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Basketball shorts are for athletic activities.

Regular shorts with a belt = no problem.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I agree with Stoveman. Far be it from me to tell anyone how to dress and my sense of fashion is probably pretty terrible, but if you're not actually jogging or playing ball you should be wearing grown up clothes!:wink: Regular shorts with a gun belt will still be cool and comfortable and give you a lot better platform for CCW than drawstring-type shorts. I carry an HK USP that way in the summer.

Reactions: CKtCATM

·
Registered
773 Posts
I live in Florida and it is very hot here during the summer months I just want to ask what would be the best carry option for a glock 19 when wearing only T-shirt and basketball shorts.
I'm in the bay area as well and when I'm wearing basketball/gym shorts thunderwear is the way to go. I can comfortably carry my g19, extra mag if I wanted and my wallet in the thunderwear at the same time. It also does a pretty good job of keeping the sweat and moisture away from the body.

There are a few drawbacks with this style carry. It will slow down your draw because the gun sinks if you are walking at a brisk pace depending on what position you wear it at. I wear mine either at the 12oclock position or a swing it back to my 3:30 behind my right hip. the 3:30 position seems to hold the gun up a little better.

The other main drawback I have found is that it takes a little bit to trust the denim material to guard your trigger from being pulled. I have intentionally tried to dryfire the gun while its in the thunderwear and it would Not dryfire. It still to this day is a little un nerving even though the probability of the gun firing is very very low when used properly.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
I've been told by the Missus that all of my underwear is "thunderwear".....:blink:

Reactions: Dnbailey
1 - 20 of 23 Posts