Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I don't think we will ever get answers on this. Our best chance is that the terrorist himself speaks up at his trial/courtmarshall, and tells us his motivations. Short of that, I won't hold my breath.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Sorry to break this to the House but this is a DOD matter, not a DOJ matter. He will be tried by a military court, found guilty and be the first military member sentenced to death in a long long time. After the trail is completed, the DOD will officially call it a terrorist attack and the members that were hurt receive the benefits they deserve. Congress had the power at any time to give those people the benefits they deserved but instead they decided to play politics with it.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I hope this process results in the casualties and their families getting the recognition and compensation they deserve.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Sounds like the House Appropriations Committee doesn't really know how the military machine operates.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
It's a military trial!!

I read that Hassan is going to represent himself, which will enable him to cross-examine his own victims. He faces 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of premeditated attempted murder.

And by the way, the Pentagon officially classified this as workplace violence (not a terrorist attack).

The political correctness never ends.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
And by the way, the Pentagon officially classified this as workplace violence (not a terrorist attack).

The political correctness never ends.
This has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with ensuring that nothing interferes with the perception of a fair trail and making sure there are no ground for appeal.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Out West Systems I agree with most of what you have said. Not letting the terrorism slant the case may be smart I am not an attorney so I don't know. I spent my life working in DOD and ended the career a ways up the chain and it sounds like you have a good working knowledge of DOD. The influence that the administration has on DOD is scary. We will never hear what deals were made on the 8th hole on some golf course in Virginia. My guess is the delays will continue in this case until the current administration is out of office. Remembering I have been wrong more than right.

I don't think it matters for the dead or injured they will still have a cause of action against the Government for not providing a safe working environment I think again not a lawyer. With the regulations not permitting weapons on base they may have opened themselves up to a action that holds them responsible. I think we will see the answer to this part of the question.

We all think of prison like the State prisons but the Federal government has some places that people check in and never check out or are never heard from. The death penalty would be far kinder than what is ahead for this Muslim. Just my thoughts on this one act of war.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Whatever happened to the principle of a "speedy" trial?

Whatever happened to erasure of the enemy on a battlefield?

"Workplace" violence, my elbow. :mad:

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
A lot of BS floating around in government these days....Do I hear a Amen ??

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Whatever happened to the principle of a "speedy" trial?

Whatever happened to erasure of the enemy on a battlefield?

"Workplace" violence, my elbow. :mad:
You have the Right to a speedy trail, you can waive that right. Military Death Penalty cases are notoriously slow.

Once you have them in custody they are not an enemy combatant, they are either a POW or a criminal.

He will get his nice fair trial and then a special needle in his arm just for him.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Can't picture that Hassan won't get the needle.
It ain't going to happen in the next ten years. One guy has been on military death row since 1988. Numerous troops have been sentenced to death since 1961: None have been executed. In 1983 the Armed Forces Court of Appeals threw out the death sentences of all those awaiting execution. Since then some have had their death sentences commuted to life and were eligible for parole after 10 years.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
It may be DoD but remember, Holder is head of DOJ and he can do anything he wants and Obama will back him up.

I think Hasan will get the death penalty but it will never be carried out.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
It may be DoD but remember, Holder is head of DOJ and he can do anything he wants and Obama will back him up.

I think Hasan will get the death penalty but it will never be carried out.
Too bad Hasan couldn't be tried under Texas law most Death Rows I know of have people who have been there 20-25 years as Ron White put it "Texas has an express lane."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts