Defensive Carry banner

What is your primary house gun?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We speak a lot about our carry guns. What do people choose for their primary house guns and why?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I have two Benelli M1 Super 90 "Tactical" shotguns located strategically. Both are equipped with Surefire 617FA lights and loaded with #1 buckshot.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Always I regard my carry as primary - when out of holster at bed time it goes on the floor within reach.

Just recently my step kids have left home and so it is just two of us - my presently office-located 870 will almost certainly be soon in the house but - as secondary. Just have to ''make do'' with AK in office :wink:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Mossberg 500 with 7 rounds of 00 in the mag, slugs and 00 in the side saddle

wife's XD 9 within her reach (soon to be replaced with her new Glock), my HK 45 full size is within my reach

edited to go a few steps further:
Glock 30 to backup the HK and an AK-47 with 5 30rnd mags at the ready if it really hits the fan...and the wife knows how to shoot all of them

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
This is a tough one as I can only pick one.

I did however pick the shotty cause to me it is the best choice for HD, has a better advantage over a hand gun and you can choose what round is the best for your situation. I do have both my carry piece, a 1911 and a Marine Magnum right close to me with my G2 with the 120 lumen lamp in it for blinding, advantage and positive recognition.

Ti.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
USP w/ light till I can load the AR.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I voted rifle , I consider my carry handgun something to get me out of the mix or to a better firearm , at home the rifle is at hand so it gets picked up rather than a pistol . IMHO a shotgun would be fine too , I just prefer the simplicity of a rifle ( one projectile going where I choose )

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Primary: Remington 870 Wilson Combat "Border Patrol" .12 GA shotgun loaded with Federal 2 3/4 " Low Recoil 00 Buck.

Secondary: Beretta 92G Vertec 9mm with night sights, Surefire X200, 20 round Mec Gar magazines (with + 2 Pearce floorplates) and loaded with Speer standard velocity Gold Dot 124 grain JHP.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The carry 1911 is the first line of defense but there is always at least one mag ready to be slapped into the AR if time permits.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Mossberg 500 18.5" barrel loaded with 2 3/4" 00 buck.

Why? Because I'm getting pretty good with my shotty and I'm too young to own a handgun.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
My Sig 228 or my Model 65 Smith and Wesson are always within arms reach. I have an 870 close at hand then followed by a MAK-90.
If time permits, I'll go to the long guns, if not then it is the pistol or revolver.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
All the carry guns under bed in small safe, with one out. They will get me to the Winchester Defender with 00 shot and the Mini 30 and several 20 round mags...

·
Registered
26 Posts
My current house gun is a Glock 34 that is loaded with Remington 124gr Golden Sabre JHP in a 33rd G-18 mag. I also usually have either my Glock 26 w/15rd mag or my Springfield Armory 1911A1 close by.

I also have a Remmy 870 loaded with Federal Buck Shot and Slugs very close by.

·
Super Moderator
16,780 Posts
Primary is my carry weapon; it and a maglight are readily accessible. Remington 870 loaded with #4 buck at each end of house and 38 revolvers in the other bedrooms. 870s have served well in dispatching rabid raccoons.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'll use my carry piece (.40), .38 ,.357 a shotgun whatever it takes. You may come in breathing but leaving and breathing is a different story.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Remington 870 tactical with 00 buckshot under bed.......or.........Glock 19 w/M3 light and 33 round stick........

good times....

·
Registered
698 Posts
Remington 870 riot gun with 00 buckshot backed up by my Wilson CQB.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts