1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
"...the department has since admitted that its ammunition needs are not as great as first reported, and said the department is pursuing a bulk purchase to keep the costs down."

Yeah, because right now is the best time to buy ammo. You know, while the prices are so reasonable.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
"...the department has since admitted that its ammunition needs are not as great as first reported, and said the department is pursuing a bulk purchase to keep the costs down."

Yeah, because right now is the best time to buy ammo. You know, while the prices are so reasonable.
Hey nobody ever accused any appointed government department head of being fiscally responsible. Especially in this administration.

Reactions: Eagleks

·
Registered
10,298 Posts

Pretty sure the price paid by the federal government has little to do with the market price. They could be getting 9mm hollowpoints for $0.10 per round and spend $400 on a hammer in the same PO.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Pretty sure the price paid by the federal government has little to do with the market price. They could be getting 9mm hollowpoints for $0.10 per round and spend $400 on a hammer in the same PO.
NO!!....$400 was for the toilet seat....the hammer was $435.....let's keep it fair.:smile:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Is there any hope this "delay" will actually happen?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
A stupid question perhaps...but with all the Ammo they already got stored in Raiders of the Lost Ark warehouses, why would they need MORE ammo?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is there any hope this "delay" will actually happen?
I could, but I can't see it getting through the Senate, let alone through a conference committee and sent on to the Prez. If it makes it that far, he may go ahead and sign it since it's just an amendment to the overall DHS spending bill and he certainly won't veto funding for the Coast Guard, Customs and Border Patrol, and TSA over something like that.

·
Registered
36,902 Posts
And they're getting a deal on the hammer.

·
Registered
404 Posts

Yes, prices are absurdly high now. No argument there. All the more reason to take advantage of the savings you can get when you buy in bulk.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Here's a novel idea. Why don't we do away with the unconstitutionally manufactured DHS agency.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
This whole issue sounds to me like DHS got caught one time too many with their hands in the cookie jar. I'm not so worried about the "buildup" of ammo stockpiles as I am about the fiscal irresponsibility of their spending so much on "bulk purchases" at a time when the economy is still fairly weak and gov't spending is so out of control. I imagine they have enough ammo to keep them in business for a good while, while the economy spends more time recovering. When the economy is stronger they can perhaps look at bulk purchases.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
When CBP is prohibited from firing their weapons, DHS really needs to buy more ammo.

Think about it.

Federal agents probably qualify at the range twice a year. The ones I know don't spend much time practicing at the range. They're prohibited from shooting their weapons on the job. And when have you ever heard of federal agents involved in shootings? Once. Maybe twice?

So, why in the hell do they need millions and millions of rounds of bullets to be used on American soil?

And remember, we're only talking about DHS ammo purchases. DHS does not purchase for the FBI, US Marshals, Bureau of Prisons, DEA (which is Department of Justice).

How much ammo is the DOJ purchasing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts