Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my GSD pup, 5 months old, with plastic bottle (toy) he brought for the ride:
5months.jpg

My English Bulldog about 2.5 years old, he loves to go for rides too:
2 years.jpg

They are my buddies. :smile:

·
Premium Member
3,967 Posts
@CDW4ME, names, or this was just photo shopped!:tongue:

Reactions: CDW4ME

·
Registered
9,561 Posts

My girl lost her this year at 15

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
@WrongRecroom Sorry for your loss. It is very tough to try and replace a beloved member of the family.

My avatar is of our little Princess. We lost her after 16 years. There is still a hole in our hearts.

This is one of our granddaughters rescue pups. His name is Chico. He's a purebred Heinz 57.

3183000262_e016f1dee4_b.jpg

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Hobo. Best and smartest animal I ever had was this outdoor cat who adopted us. He died in 1995 and I still miss him.

attachment.php?attachmentid=280677&d=1537387237&thumb=1&stc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
So many and I dearly love them all.

Right now our dog, Hank, is on his last legs. Due to injuries as a pup (wife rescued him at about 8 weeks old from 2 guys trying to stomp him to death), he's 11 1/2 years old now, he has severe arthritis in his hips and it is a daily struggle. But he keeps hanging in there, even caught and killed 2 opossums last month, wiped him out for days afterward.

The cat Benny helped me do a trigger job on my 2011 Limited gun when he was only 8 weeks old, wife saved him after someone threw him off a bridge onto a highway at 6 weeks. He lasted only 5 years before passing from a tumor on his heart. I still have and shoot the "Benny Blaster". hank rolling on carpet.jpg 0623102004a.jpg

·
Registered
687 Posts
So many and I dearly love them all.

Right now our dog, Hank, is on his last legs. Due to injuries as a pup (wife rescued him at about 8 weeks old from 2 guys trying to stomp him to death), he's 11 1/2 years old now, he has severe arthritis in his hips and it is a daily struggle. But he keeps hanging in there, even caught and killed 2 opossums last month, wiped him out for days afterward.

The cat Benny helped me do a trigger job on my 2011 Limited gun when he was only 8 weeks old, wife saved him after someone threw him off a bridge onto a highway at 6 weeks. He lasted only 5 years before passing from a tumor on his heart. I still have and shoot the "Benny Blaster". View attachment 280691 View attachment 280693
Where the heck does your wife hang out?

All kidding aside, good on you two for rescuing animals in need of loving homes.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Not sure how to do this. My four working patrol K9's. All my best friends.

https://imgur.com/a/1yxqC4G
You sir, deserve an award of some kind. I am so glad you didn't get those photos to post openly here. My wife has been keeping her eyes open for a German Shepherd puppy. In the future, when the coast is clear, use the Go Advanced button and the little Insert Image icon on the right end of the Font / Size row right above where you type.

My granddaughter and her husband are big into rescue work. They also foster parent dogs, cats, and birds. Here are a couple of her current rescues:

8682759657_d438ef79fc_k.jpg
Mr. Douglas (I call him Dougie the Puggie)

9662934829_def993a7eb_k.jpg
Becky

·
Registered
819 Posts
Where the heck does your wife hang out?

All kidding aside, good on you two for rescuing animals in need of loving homes.
Farm feed stores, driving down city streets (several times) and the last was a kitten at about 7 weeks that she saw peeking into the foyer of her work. That one took us a whole day to catch. She saw the video of when that one was dumped, the ass threw her up onto a 1 story chiller fan wrapped in a plastic bag. She got out and jumped the story onto a concrete pad, ran across a busy street, back across that street and hid in some bushes by the building where she worked. Where we finally was able to trap her. Took us 3 weeks to get her socialized into the house.

The guy who was abusing the pup actually worked at a feed store. We went there one Saturday and she saw him. He doesn't know how lucky he was I was there. She got a set to her jaw, fire in her eyes and headed for a stack of shovels. I caught her and told her "we won, we have hank". That broke her spell. She admitted she was going to smack him upside the head.

We have had 2 full blood Labs, the 1st we were young and lived in a rural area where I'm sure he was shot, never found. The 2nd actually taught me to stop being an ass towards animals that was 1992. Since then we've had nothing but strays and rescues. My wife has cop eyes and is a scrapper. We've rescued and brought into our home close to a dozen dogs and cats. At one time Hank had 5 cats in the house with him. Even though he's killed skunks, raccoons, rabbits, opossums and even caught birds when younger (plus chased down a rabbit) he never hurt one of the cats inside with him. He caught a beagle in the yard once and threw him over the fence.

I've thought of writing a book about the rescues and their precious lives, they have so much to tell.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Ruger , our atv mascot , he loves to ride with us

Attachments

1 - 20 of 497 Posts