61 - 80 of 497 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
This pic is recent but put through an art app. Daisy is full black lab just salt and pepper now.

Posting this with a lump in my throat and blurry eyes. We talked about it this morning, not sure if she has a week left the lymph nodes in her neck are not going back down. She can still eat but only soft food and we will not let her suffer. The vet told us not long back in May so we are blessed to have her this long. Daisy is about 12yo, I found her when she was about a year and she has had the best life and it’s almost at the end.
ROMANS 8, we will get to see her again after she is gone and it has nothing to do with rainbows!

81BBDE5F-FCC0-4D1A-9697-F58E20DF53F5.jpeg

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Dallas & Cowboy

I bought a cat for my wife when we were dating. A rescue found under a trailer. She got sick last year, and we had to put her down. A week later, my wife told me we had 2 new cats. Brothers from the same litter. Do you all know how hard it is to determine a kittens sex? We weren't sure what we had, so after picking some names for boy and girl, my wife and the kids took them to the vet for shots and he said they were both boys. My sons took it upon themselves to name them after our favorite football team.

Cowboy is the black and white one. Dallas like to kill things including large pigeons. They are awesome animals and we love them.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Anyone else having trouble w the pics that just have the word “attachment” on them? I can’t see them even when clicking on the word? Having to go to Advance messaging to get my pic’s to post.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
Anyone else having trouble w the pics that just have the word “attachment” on them? I can’t see them even when clicking on the word? Having to go to Advance messaging to get my pic’s to post.
I have that issue sometimes....not certain why....

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
"Keira" aka "Lady K". A rescue. SPCA seized her when she weighed 35# after having 2 litters. A Plott Hound
Beautiful brindle.

The wife and I watched a movie we bought a while back. I would HIGHLY recommend it to all of you who love animals:

This movie has everything: Marines, Iraq War, guns, pups. I suspect you will enjoy it.
I would like that, but am afraid it will make the air dusty; I have not watched "A Dogs Purpose" cause I have soft spot for dogs. :vs_crying:

Do they respond to their names?

Red Butt Jungle Chicken
:haha:
The dogs ignore Echo for the most part.
However, she is really good at imitating sounds, like smoke alarms being triggered because of oven cleaning. :redface:
She can do a really good smoke alarm going off now, which gets the Bullldog fired up barking.
Thats why she says "Stop being loud" she has heard me say it plenty of times; she will be loud then correct herself.
She also says "Making a mess" which she has heard many times and is proficient at doing, she throws food she doesn't like.
Some speech is used in correct context:
She says "I'm back" when I get home and "See you later" when I leave / walk out door.
At night she says "Its dark, bedtime" and that is never said any other time.

This pic is recent but put through an art app. Daisy is full black lab just salt and pepper now.

Posting this with a lump in my throat and blurry eyes. We talked about it this morning, not sure if she has a week left the lymph nodes in her neck are not going back down. She can still eat but only soft food and we will not let her suffer.
Its hard.
I had an English Bulldog that had lymphosarcoma, neck got swollen, she quit eating, I fed her ice cream, when she refused ice cream I knew it was time, I would not watch her starve. I owned her mother and had her since birth, kept her out of the litter for myself; thinking of taking that 6 year old dog to the vet still breaks my heart (getting dusty here) and that was 1998. Her mom lived to age 13 which is old for a Bulldog. My last female Bulldog made it to age 10 before I had to have her put down due to cancer, just kills me.

Male Bulldog I've got now is only around 2.75 years old, so I hope to have him for many more years.
Gauntlet waiting at top of stairs for me:
gauntlet.jpg

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I would like that, but am afraid it will make the air dusty; I have not watched "A Dogs Purpose" cause I have soft spot for dogs. :vs_crying:
I am too. I'll give a bit of Meagan Leavy away. The only tears I shed were at the end, and it wasn't because anybody died. They were tears of pride.

·
Banned
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I hated to hear it...My granddaughter called last night around midnight. She was home alone, watching a movie, and one of her rescue cockatiel birds just fell of the perch and died. She has been a good parent to all the critters. The bird, "Sugar", was 16-18 years old according to the vet she works with. Her husband works a big crane in the oil field and won't be home for 2 weeks. We're 800 miles away, so I told her we'd be there for her little funeral for Sugar on video chat on her Ipad.

The best part is having great pets. The worst part is losing one. :vs_crying:

61 - 80 of 497 Posts