Defensive Carry banner

401 - 420 of 469 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Workaholic, do your parents belong to a church down here in Texas?
May churches offer some great counseling and have info on local providers.
My church will go out into the community and help those even if they are not members.
Most will do the same.

·
Registered
34,024 Posts

This link was live video until a few minutes ago and was cut off when police arrived
Should have stuck to protesting the governor. It would have been better without those trying to turn it into a Trump rally or parading around with flags attached to long 2x4s. There's always someone...

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Super Moderator
23,243 Posts
It has helped coming back to the forum and there have been a few who have remembered me. When we were in another part of the country some years back a lot of things forced a move which we thought would be best for both of us but we had to struggle but it was a mistake as now the virus adds another fear factor for both of us. We are hampered with being old and the so called underlying health problems but yet we continue to carry on and have survived most everything thrown at us but my focus is my wife as she only has 36% of her lung capacity and I am the sole caretaker and the kids are dealing with there own struggles. The text we get and the calls that come from them are uplifting but we can't let them worry as it puts pressure on them but they know where we are there is minimal help but I tell them we have been stuck with each orther for 27yrs. As time goes on I have watched the increase in what I call roamers who are folks that seem to be in the wrong place yet trying to not be seen. I have noticed some car campers in the area and they move around the area but again its a sign of what has become the new normal. I want to say thanks as having this outlet gives me that platform where I see what is going on in different parts of the country and I can get laughs and info that is a nice reward to stay on point. God Bless you all and we hope you and your families stay safe and well, have a peaceful day.
Godspeed, @shadowwalker. It has been awhile. Focus on you and your DW and stay safe and healthy! Watch our for the roamers and the like, and keep your guard.

·
Registered
517 Posts
@Rock and Glock
I appreciate the head start on resources. I'll get started on those as time permits. I'm in Wichita. My parents are down outside of Brownsville.

@Jeanlouise
I'll look into the senior services. Thank you. I had forgotten about that. I believe those are run by the county.

@CWOUSCG
Their camper is road worthy, however, mom has said she won't spend another winter up north. As much as I'd like to have them closer, I'm not going to force them to come up here, and I'd have to completely uproot things, including changing jobs, in order to move closer to them.

@KILTED COWBOY
Thanks. I'm sure neither of them expected to be in this position.

Regarding the Parkinson's support group. I'll see if there are any down near them. Hopefully there is one, and they are willing to consider it.

Thank you all. I appreciate all the advice so far. Any other advice we might want to take to PMs, I dont want to derail the thread.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I am lucky that I am still working. (Federal Employee) I work in IT, so I am supporting 150+ user across all our field offices, but only about 40+ from our main office. So I go in everyday, 0700 to 330, myself and two other employees at our shop.

thumbnail (1).jpg

We made a MASS rush to get everyone a laptop and even pulled out equipment that was 5+ years old, (excess IT) to get everyone out of the building.

My kids are schooling from home on our 'gaming' laptops, my wife is still working, she works at a Military Daycare, so those essential military personal can still drop off their children.

Me and the wife go to grocery store every week to buy two weeks of groceries, kids stay with abuelita. I buy a case of waters every two to three days, wife gets mad. (my dang gone kids waste a lot of water, if you know what I mean)

After receiving most of the ammo I ordered online. I purchased two foot locker type chests at Wal-Mart, loaded one with a plate carrier and AR mag pouches (loaded mags) and broken down AR and the second one with my .38/.357/9mm pistols and ammo cans, keeping one ammo can with 12 Gauge, Shot gun is in car trunk.

Put locks and put them in the corner of the room. (justincase) I was debating about bringing my M1A, but I think .308 is a little to over penetrating for our urban environment.

Other then that, we are sheltering in place on the weekend, I get movies from Redbox and get drive thur/curb side to go when we don't cook.

Also waiting on my stimulus Check......... and have my wife yell at me some more.

thumbnail.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
The kicker is that the 2K a month for everyone includes
16 year olds
and will last until unemployment reaches pre pandemic levels

I can see the ongoing need to help those who continue to be impacted and have lost their jobs. But why others, like those who are still working and getting paid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Well a couple of weeks ago I was cut to 6 hours at work and took a 25% paycut, 7 others had their hours and pay cut to 0. Yesterday I found out the company I work for was approved for the payroll protection stimulus hand out dealio. I'm working full time now with full pay, and will recieve back pay. Good news I suppose but I was enjoying not having to be at work till 11.
.........and today It was announced that 5 of the 7 laid off employees will be coming back. It was also announced that for at least the next 8 weeks the company will be picking up the tab for all employees portion of health insurance premiums. I provide health coverage for my family and pay about $336 every two weeks. 75% of the "loan" has to be spent on employee compensation, and they're looking to get it spent. They are probably also going to offer to buy back accumulated vacation time from those who have a bunch. I think I'll hold on to mine just in case I do get sick and have to stay home a couple of weeks.

Compared to what other folks are dealing with I'm doing fine. My biggest worry is getting sick with this thing and bringing it home to my family.

·
Registered
34,024 Posts
Got a little bored today. Too muggy for outside stuff, so I broke down my Rem 1100 for a clean & lube job. I wanted to make sure there was no CLP left on it to get gummy. It was pretty clean, but a fresh application of oil never hurt a gun.

1.jpg

401 - 420 of 469 Posts