Defensive Carry banner

441 - 460 of 469 Posts

·
Registered
33,946 Posts
We need a federal law restricting governors to no more than five minutes of airtime in a 24-hour period. Some are getting far too fond of seeing themselves on camera.

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
We need a federal law restricting governors to no more than five minutes of airtime in a 24-hour period. Some are getting far too fond of seeing themselves on camera.
One of the few restrictions I could support.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Gov. Abbott is opening up parts of Texas starting today.
All State parks are now open. So I believe the beaches will be open also.
Family down on Galveston Island have been telling us past few weeks everyone who owns a boat has been out on the water. Never seen it so crowded.
He wants Texas to be one of the first states to open up.
Still wants to use the whole social distancing stuff but thinks we can do it and get most things back open except schools.
And yet the stupid little twit we have as county judge here has just decided we need to wear masks in public. Apparently something is going to happen over the weekend because it doesn't go into effect until Monday. :rolleyes: What an idiot.

·
Super Moderator
16,134 Posts
Reactions: Jeanlouise

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
Elizabeth Warrens older brother died of the virus.
Can you imagine the screaming she is going to do about that one.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warrens-oldest-brother-dies-from-coronavirus
He was 86 I am curious what other contributing factors he had but were not mentioned.

Well if he was also a native American. He could have contracted measles or small pox from the white man:)
Or perhaps he just died of embarrassment from being her kin.
You two gentlemen just won the internet with this. I literally busted out laughing when I read this.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Just learned this morning that a friend of my step daughter died last night from C19. She was about 40, no health conditions. But she was a nurse and probably heavily exposed over a period of weeks. Didn't know her well, but well enough to recognize that she was a good gal and her loss will hit her family very hard. She leaves behind two youngsters.

Before this thing is over, I think it will touch a lot of us. Hopefully only indirectly.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Found out today the governor may force schools to stay closed going into the fall... The sheer stupidity of the situation cannot be emphasized enough.

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
Found out today the governor may force schools to stay closed going into the fall... The sheer stupidity of the situation cannot be emphasized enough.
Meanwhile the CDC has acknowledged that closing schools doesn’t reduce spread. We also know it puts an increased burden on the parents who have to deal with their kids being out of school. How long are we going to keep pretending this is about COVID?

Reactions: CWOUSCG

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
So I just left a store here in town. We brought our face masks with us just in case they didn’t allow anyone inside without them. We get to the door and they have their guard(employee who wasn’t doing anything else) at the door telling us that we have to have a mask to enter. Ok, their store, their rules, right? Well as she told us this, her mask was pulled down under her chin doing absolutely nothing for her. I could see the braces on her teeth as she was saying this. Clearly they are very concerned about this. So we go inside, some of the employees were not wearing masks at all, others had them pulled down under their nose. Families were inside doing the same, kids did not have to wear masks. So what is the point of all this? The masks did absolutely nothing for any of these people, but I guess it makes them feel better.

Reactions: KILTED COWBOY

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
So I just left a store here in town. We brought our face masks with us just in case they didn’t allow anyone inside without them. We get to the door and they have their guard(employee who wasn’t doing anything else) at the door telling us that we have to have a mask to enter. Ok, their store, their rules, right? Well as she told us this, her mask was pulled down under her chin doing absolutely nothing for her. I could see the braces on her teeth as she was saying this. Clearly they are very concerned about this. So we go inside, some of the employees were not wearing masks at all, others had them pulled down under their nose. Families were inside doing the same, kids did not have to wear masks. So what is the point of all this? The masks did absolutely nothing for any of these people, but I guess it makes them feel better.
But it makes everybody feel better about themselves because they are helping.

·
Registered
33,946 Posts
Tell me you pointed that out to her or I'm losing all faith in you.

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
Tell me you pointed that out to her or I'm losing all faith in you.
My wife does not like when I make those types of comments nearly as much as I do.

441 - 460 of 469 Posts