Defensive Carry banner

461 - 469 of 469 Posts

·
Registered
34,033 Posts
My wife does not like when I make those types of comments nearly as much as I do.
Had I not asked the question, my wife would have asked if I felt all right.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
So I just left a store here in town. We brought our face masks with us just in case they didn’t allow anyone inside without them. We get to the door and they have their guard(employee who wasn’t doing anything else) at the door telling us that we have to have a mask to enter. Ok, their store, their rules, right? Well as she told us this, her mask was pulled down under her chin doing absolutely nothing for her. I could see the braces on her teeth as she was saying this. Clearly they are very concerned about this. So we go inside, some of the employees were not wearing masks at all, others had them pulled down under their nose. Families were inside doing the same, kids did not have to wear masks. So what is the point of all this? The masks did absolutely nothing for any of these people, but I guess it makes them feel better.
I was looking at one of the local TV station's website. They had HEB, Kroger, Randalls, and some others I don't recall, statements on masks and all of them said they would not require but would encourage. Guess your store didn't get the memo!

·
Administrator
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
For me, things haven't changed a lot since I started this thread but I have learned to find those places that give me the most joy and peace.

I have never been one to want to be where a lot of people are. I love being surrounded by nature so I seem to seek it out even more now, especially after a long week of work.

Last weekend I headed down to Padre Island National Seashore.

I slept in my van so that I could wake up to this.

gulf.jpg

It's a place where I don't have to worry about social distancing because I can drive on the beach to a spot where you just don't see people except occasional someone off in the distance fishing.

I can just sit there with my feet in the water watching the pelicans socializing with each other.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
I woke up in bed this morning, happy that I woke up at all.
I know what you mean OldVet. I woke up this morning and relieved my bladder. After that I took care of the other call of nature then I needed some of that rare and expensive toilet paper so I got out of bed............................

Reactions: OldVet

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
For me, things haven't changed a lot since I started this thread but I have learned to find those places that give me the most joy and peace.

I have never been one to want to be where a lot of people are. I love being surrounded by nature so I seem to seek it out even more now, especially after a long week of work.

Last weekend I headed down to Padre Island National Seashore.

I slept in my van so that I could wake up to this.

View attachment 325768

It's a place where I don't have to worry about social distancing because I can drive on the beach to a spot where you just don't see people except occasional someone off in the distance fishing.

I can just sit there with my feet in the water watching the pelicans socializing with each other.
Thanks. Good to see Padre is open; only a few hours away. I may have to get on the road, myself. Cabin fever is really getting to me.

Otherwise, we are safe and well.

461 - 469 of 469 Posts