Defensive Carry banner

121 - 140 of 469 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Our employer is fortunately keeping all staff for the next few months. Everyone who can is working remotely which is nice mostly.

Well stocked but will run out of eggs next week. Gonna make a grocery run then. Should be right before the major upswing in reported cases occurs.

Mrs. Ctr goes on call/on site at the hospital next week. Not thrilled but we’ll see how that goes.

Otherwise all is well.

·
Registered
34,057 Posts
I should go back to work so I can laid off and get free money! The wife told me again to stock up on liquor, so I could use the money.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Of all the dang things, I can't buy eggs. Someone here called it. I didn't believe that could happen, but it did. I'll be working from home starting next week. At least I'm in no danger of losing hours, and wages like many are.

Now I just have to worry about the increased energy usage of all the extra computer equipment I have at home making it look like I am cooking meth. I'd prefer not to be visited by the local LEOs. Ok, so I am kidding on this last part, I don't use enough power to come close to a meth cooking operation.
Ask around about small farms and other folks that keep chickens that sell eggs from home. We have fresh eggs out on our farm stand every day.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My Mom who is 79 with emphysema and Huntington's Disease is on lockdown in her assisted living. She is being bored, annoying to us but safe. I'm still working for now. Fixing cars and all the exposure being safe as possible. Sanitize as much as possible. My step kid in Idaho likely positive, she is miserable. My disabled nephew sick, maybe. Changes, wife is carrying again. House given Spokane at night, I now have a loaded rifle on hand along with our standard home package for defense. No I don't expect chaos but do know that desperate thugs do stupid things. The virus is the real threat so I'm focused on keeping my wife and I healthy. On a final note, stop buying toilet paper and hoarding people!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I do have concerns about protecting the farm if the situation continues the way it has been, hungry people do desperate things. This weekend I'll be adding solar motion detector lighting around the barn and animals. We're breeding all the rabbits and have put some male quail back in with some hens so we can start getting fertilized eggs again, also ordered a bunch of quail eggs to put in the incubator and get ahead of the curve. If people need to start growing some meat I want to have quail chicks on hand, they only take 7-8 weeks to grow to harvest size and start laying eggs. We're also going to move the sows in with the boar this weekend. Still to early to plant anything here but we'll be starting seeds soon so we can get plants in the group as early as possible. I have a feeling we'll have trouble keeping the farm stand stocked this season.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I would be curious to know how embracing technology allows martial arts and ballet teachers to perform their services. I guess I'm dating myself, but I got my black belt in Judo via correspondence courses.
:image041::deal::lmao:
They are doing their best to work with the kids to be able to view and coach using Zoom (I saw this coming and bought some Zoom stock -- that's been great for us). It is what it is. Even if they weren't trying to make it work I would still maintain support because without them after this is over my kids would no longer have the familiar places to go to.

·
Super Moderator
16,196 Posts
It could be great:

Daily Wire

The two medications Paterson referred to are Chloroquine, an anti-malarial drug, and HIV-suppressing combination lopinavir/ritonavir. Paterson told the outlet that it seemed reasonable to call the drugs “a treatment or a cure … It’s a potentially effective treatment. Patients would end up with no viable coronavirus in their system at all after the end of therapy.”
That is interesting since malaria is not a disease but a parasite carried by mosquitoes.

https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/malaria/index.html

·
Registered
982 Posts
It would not surprise me if the Cascadia Subduction Zone lit off right now. Four months I've been dealing with this in one way or another and it ain't getting better. I think something want's the country brought to it's knees.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I did some long-avoided landscaping tasks--tree trimming, weed pulling, mine planting...
Nothing says “good neighbor” like an array of claymores...

In the meantime, I am endeavoring to be more like the Marine in my Avatar.
Carefree, devil-may-care, wiseacre... Plus, if I start running around in a palm leaf, cartridge belt, and steel pot carrying an M1 Carbine, social distancing will be easy!!!

·
Registered
Pistoleer
457 Posts
Went to Walmart this morning when they opened at 7AM as I was not finding things that I need like TP by going after work at 5PM all week long. A large crowd was there before the store opened. Several people were mad and arguing with each other. When they opened I looked around and there seemed to be less items available then there were when I was there a day ago at 5PM. All the items that were unavailable before were still out. People were really pissed off and you could hear several complaining around the store. Everyone either had a disappointed or mad look on their face. I picked up the only gallon bottle of water on the shelf and a few other things, checked out and left pretty disgusted over this entire grocery store situation.

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
I don't know if it was here or another forum, but someone said that Walmart gets their deliveries automatically delivered to them based on their sales. That individual stores cannot order items they might unexpectedly run out of.
So hopefully Walmart makes some adjustments during this hoarding time.

Hah. This of reminds me of a movie I watched yesterday called The Platform.
It's about a prison built like a column with many floors and a hole running down through the center of it. At the top is the kitchen and they fix all this gourmet food and set it on the platform that passes through each floor, pausing briefly to let the two prisoners on that floor eat. The lower the platform goes, the less there is to eat. All because the prisoners on the top floors are eating more than they need. Otherwise there would be enough food for the lower levels.

Same difference.

·
Administrator
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
"When you have come to the edge of all light that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly." (Patrick Overton)

·
Registered
34,057 Posts
Or go splat!

Reactions: demanic

·
Super Moderator
16,196 Posts
Went to Walmart this morning when they opened at 7AM as I was not finding things that I need like TP by going after work at 5PM all week long. A large crowd was there before the store opened. Several people were mad and arguing with each other. When they opened I looked around and there seemed to be less items available then there were when I was there a day ago at 5PM. All the items that were unavailable before were still out. People were really pissed off and you could hear several complaining around the store. Everyone either had a disappointed or mad look on their face. I picked up the only gallon bottle of water on the shelf and a few other things, checked out and left pretty disgusted over this entire grocery store situation.
I call it the supermarket scavenger hunt, you start at one end of the town and as you are headed home you start checking the supermarkets along the way. You may find a few items at the first market then a few more at the next one and if you are lucky you find everything on your list by the time you get home.

·
Registered
34,057 Posts
The other morning I awoke wide awake at 3:15 AM. Laid there two hours before giving up and making coffee. I should have gone to Walmart, which is open 24/7 here. Maybe it would have at least a box of Kleenex.

No . . . instead I watched TV, harassed this forum, and drank coffee with Baileys.

Note to self: Still need TP, paper towels, and now more Baileys.

·
Administrator
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
"When you have come to the edge of all light that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly." (Patrick Overton)

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Psalm 121:1-2

Reactions: ctr

·
Registered
855 Posts
We were scheduled to depart on a 16 day Panama Canal Cruise out of San Diego on March 11th. We called in a cancelled on 3/09. We got a $3987 cruise credit that must be scheduled by 12/31/2020. We also got back $1500 credited back to our credit card. So we did not lose any money so far.

We attended church last Sunday when they were saying not to go to gatherings of 50+. Our church is small so we were still good to go. Now with the federal recommended number down to just 10, even my little church is greater than that. I think we should attempt to abide by recommendations to help “FLATTEN THE CURVE”. The main reason to “FLATTEN THE CURVE” is to keep from over loading the healthcare system.

121 - 140 of 469 Posts