Defensive Carry banner

141 - 160 of 469 Posts

·
Administrator
143,385 Posts
I started a new job at the end of February and health insurance does not kick in till April 1st. Otherwise life is pretty much normal here. I got plenty of TP and no social life.
Since you have toilet paper....you could have an incredible social life. There are some strikingly beautiful girls around here that would be willing to do near bout anything for a roll of Charmin.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I'm not too worried about Covid19. I've already got Diabetes and Cancer, so whats a little virus gonna do. We are pretty well stocked up, and thank God that Gasoline is still plentyfull. I keep the Subaru full, and just go out for my Daily Radiation Therapy.
Hope everyone here gets through this situation allright. I'm going out to my work shop and do a little re loading.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Just checked my email and found out that "GEICO is here for you amid coronavirus concerns". I feel much better now.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Just checked my email and found out that "GEICO is here for you amid coronavirus concerns". I feel much better now.:rolleyes:
I got that, too.
If they want to be there for me they can mail back the check I just sent them! :yup:

You know I've been to the edge,
And there I stood and looked down.
You know I lost a lot of friends there, baby,
I got no time to mess around.

-Van Halen :smile:

·
Registered
34,057 Posts
I'm not doing so well.

Drove to my favorite diner for my usual omelet. Closed. My day can only go downhill from here.

Went to the liquor store and had to fight my way to the Jim Beam section. Those old ladies didn't know who they were messing with.

Drove through the Duncan Donuts drive-through to get the wife an ice tea and a donut. She wanted a cream donut. No have... How about a chocolate donut? No have... JUST GIVE ME A DANGED DONUT! ANY DONUT! ONE car ahead of us. We wait . . . and wait . . . and wait . . . For one ice tea and one donut. Apparently the guy ahead of us ordered something special from China and had it shipped via a slow boat. Drove around him and left. No tea, no donut.

Stopped at Publix for a few things. Couldn't find a few things. Not even Vienna sausages. No coffee creamer. Good thing I picked up another bottle of Irish cream at the liquor store. That only cost an old lady a stomped toe.

OV is about fed up with all this panic. It's been over a week since the great scavenger hunt of 2020 began, and there's not so much as a dinner napkin left to buy. Hardly anyone shopping, but they all managed to get in my way. Came home with potato chips, peanut butter cookies (2-4-1) and liquor.

I don't know about the world situation getting worse (worse than what?) but OV is definitely gonna get worse if it keeps up. I've long said the world needs a good enema, and from the lack of TP, it looks like it's getting one.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
I'm not doing so well.

Drove to my favorite diner for my usual omelet. Closed. My day can only go downhill from here.

Went to the liquor store and had to fight my way to the Jim Beam section. Those old ladies didn't know who they were messing with.

Drove through the Duncan Donuts drive-through to get the wife an ice tea and a donut. She wanted a cream donut. No have... How about a chocolate donut? No have... JUST GIVE ME A DANGED DONUT! ANY DONUT! ONE car ahead of us. We wait . . . and wait . . . and wait . . . For one ice tea and one donut. Apparently the guy ahead of us ordered something special from China and had it shipped via a slow boat. Drove around him and left. No tea, no donut.

Stopped at Publix for a few things. Couldn't find a few things. Not even Vienna sausages. No coffee creamer. Good thing I picked up another bottle of Irish cream at the liquor store. That only cost an old lady a stomped toe.

OV is about fed up with all this panic. It's been over a week since the great scavenger hunt of 2020 began, and there's not so much as a dinner napkin left to buy. Hardly anyone shopping, but they all managed to get in my way. Came home with potato chips, peanut butter cookies (2-4-1) and liquor.

I don't know about the world situation getting worse (worse than what?) but OV is definitely gonna get worse if it keeps up. I've long said the world needs a good enema, and from the lack of TP, it looks like it's getting one.
Just have to wait out the panic shoppers. Couple weeks from now they’ll all be dead or dying. Plenty to go around then.

Reactions: airslot and WC145

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I'm off from the hospital til Tuesday but there is always stuff to do around the farm. Fed and watered all the animals. Unloaded the feed we got yesterday. Cleaned the quail cages. Put a third doe rabbit in with one of the bucks to make me more rabbits. Cleaned out the barn, Cleaned the trash out of the garage. Hauled refuse to the transfer stations. Fixed the dog run. Gathered eggs. Daughter and S-I-L brought grandkid #2 over to see the animals. Gave S-I-L ammo for the Taurus G2 he just got and intends to carry and took it out back to make sure it works. Let him shoot my .45ACP Kriss Vector carbine and CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 to give him incentive to work hard and make money so he can buy stuff like that some day. I'll go back out in a hour to feed and water everyone again and close things up.
Tomorrow is coop cleaning day, always a good time at the end of the winter.

I don't think I have time for the coronapocolypse right now, too busy taking are of all the stuff that doesn't take care of itself!

·
Registered
Various
15,593 Posts
Oregon banned plastic bags and plastic straws. To save the planet, you could bring your own reusable bags or your own reusable cup and straw. Now they can't touch your reusable bags or cups so they are giving out free plastic bags and free plastic straws. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34,057 Posts
I'm surprised you thought they were open. Unless it was a drive-thru omelet.
It was open the day before. Timing is everything.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I'm not doing so well.

Would you like some cheese with that whine? :rolleyes:

Reactions: OldVet

·
Registered
182 Posts
I work from home and have for many years. Thus far, we’ve been pretty much uneffected. Until now. Just saw an email that the range is closed tomorrow. First the NHL and now this. I cut the lawn today. So, I guess there’s no excuse for not cleaning all the dirty guns now.

I do hope everyone is hanging in there and that they are well. Keep an eye out for family, friends and neighbors.

141 - 160 of 469 Posts