Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor has it that every person who carries a gun has a box of spare holsters -- some rejects, some battered and worn out, some that just didn't work out in one way or another, and some for firearms they don't even own.

How big is your holster box?

What's in it?

Which of your holster rejects makes you feel the most guilty when you stumble across it -- and why?

Do you own a holster for a firearm you no longer have? Or for one you've never had?

pax

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I only have 1 carry pistol at the time. I had 6 holsters for it at the peak, and have sold off 1, so I'm down to 5 now. I use my VMII for IWB carry untucked, the CTAC for IWB tucked, the SERPA for the range or hunting, and the thigh holster every once in a while for hunting, and also for my M9 on deployments. My shoulder holster is too cheap to use.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
My box is 5 or 6 holsters smaller since sending them to you for your drive!:smile:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I sell them on craigslist when I no longer have a need for them. So I try to keep it pretty low. Right now I have a shoulder rig and 2 holsters for pistols I don't own.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I have 3 holsters for my CCW and a few for my revolvers.

I also have a duty holster for my 4506

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I only have 4, I guess I'm lacking.

I primarily use the SuperTuck, but I have a Desantis I use when I am putting my handgun in the gear bag (to cover the trigger) or the door fo the car.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Rumor has it that every person who carries a gun has a box of spare holsters -- some rejects, some battered and worn out, some that just didn't work out in one way or another, and some for firearms they don't even own.

How big is your holster box?

What's in it?

Which of your holster rejects makes you feel the most guilty when you stumble across it -- and why?

Do you own a holster for a firearm you no longer have? Or for one you've never had?

pax
Last time I stopped counting I was over 50

I have holsters that I've gotten with guns I've purchased, and just have them still.

Have Uncle Mikes nylon, Fobus, about 10 Blackhawk Serpas for some reason.

Holster I carry in the most VM-II, when I work as a Range Officer part time I open carry so I use a Saifarland ALS. IF I eat a big dinner and the VM-II is getting a little snug, I keep a GALCO Side snap close by.

My Comp holster is a Comp-Tac belt holster.

My biggest regret is the Comp-Tac OWB leather snap on holster, forgot the name. I have a a Galco Jack Ass that I really like but dont' like shoulder rigs, thats a really Nice Shoulder holster but I don't like shoulder carry. The Comp Tac Infidel was a very bad decesion as well.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Every holster has a designated gun, I have no rejects.I knew what I wanted when I bought each one. I have a total of 5 holsters and 3 rifle scabards.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Hi Kathy,
Yes, I use to have a complete graveyard of ‘seemed like a good idea at the time’ type of holsters. Fortunately, I was able to sell all but one rejects. The one I really feel guilty about is a shoulder style option for the j-frame. Unfortunately, I wasn’t aware that it presented an exposed trigger. As such, I don’t care for it, and I can’t in good conscience sell it or give it to anyone else. Anyway, we all know that selling used holsters is like selling used furniture. You typically take a huge beating

More to say... Now that I finally settled on just one platform and format, I have since minimized the rejects.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
NOT YET! However, I have started buying form-fitting better leather holsters for a few good guns that deserve them...and then taking said guns to the range inside a big bag! Not daring or caring to wear them hidden within a holster or displaying them for all to see. Why hide a pretty leather holster? It would be low-class and tacky to carry or wear my brand-new big heavy shiny Beretta-knockoff Taurus PT-92 inside cloth or plastic, not that I would show it off to those those envious jealous gun gals and guys who scoff at my proudly showing off such a big pretty shiny stainless-steel pistol.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'm abnormal I guess, I only have one holster and it's on my hip at the moment. I think between luck and doing a fair amount of reading online I ended up with a Crossbreed Supertuck that fits/wears great.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
At Bill Goodman's Gun and Knife Show, my gun buddies and I always go to the man at the used-holster, leather and surplus table, and then root through his stuff. I have found just the right old holsters for some of my guns, taking them home and polishing them up. Some of these Cold War surplus holsters are sensible but cover guns and magazines against the elements.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
My holster box is 20" x 30" x 20". It's actually a wooden blanket chest. It has close to 60 holsters in it and all are for guns I have in my safe. There are a few custom made duty holsters in there that have some sentimental value, so I'll never part with those and there's some tactical gear in there too...

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
10 for my G23, 2 for my P228, and 3 for my J-frame. I actually have been lucky and like all of my holsters for different reasons. They all have very distinct purposes. Some I use more than others, but still necessary in certain circumstances. I guess my box is about normal size, but not as unsuccessful.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Timeout y'all: I'm a dirty old man and I just had to start laughing when I saw the title of this post. Let me leave it at that.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Holster box? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I have two drawers in my chest of drawers and a laundry basket full of stuff that either didnt work for me or that I dont have a weapon to fit anymore. One of these days I need to do another sale, lol.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
My holster box is where I used to be able park my Harley Davidson. :rofl:There was alot of trial, error and holsters that just didn't make the cut while I learned this holster business. Even now, one gets rejected now and again. Theres alot of chew toys for the neighborhood dogs in that box.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts