Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some believe in revolt... Others believe in peaceful resistance... Some wish to work with current governing channels... Where do you stand?

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
The first option is unwise to say nothing of unlawful. I'd sort of like my posterity to not live in a Somalia-like environment.
The second is OK for those willing to pay whatever price peaceful civil disobedience may bring upon them.
The third seems the only sensible way, and working in our system has brought about a lot of progress: IL being an example.

Reactions: Phaedrus and PEF

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
I really can't give a truthful response to this question as this is not a :aargh4:free speech site+the fact too many anti's lurk here.
Out of respect to the site owner I'll keep mum as to what I think this country needs to rid herself of the tyrants:22a: currently in the drivers seat.:blink:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
It begins at the local level. If we read the Constitution and actually follow it this is possible. The biggest thing it's going to take is education of enough people who actually vote, and then those people paying attention to who they vote for. The Constitution could stand to lose a few things (Amendments 16 & 17, Interstate Commerce Clause, General Welfare Clause) but it's the best governing document currently in force anywhere. What is needed first and foremost is less ignorance. The big-government morons took over very slowly over the course of the last century, and it will take a similarly long view for us to turn their nonsense around. If we fail to do so, Amendment II will not be the only thing we lose.

·
Registered
37,202 Posts
Fight tooth and nail every attempt to legislate 2A into non-existence. 2A does not exist to restrict The People; it exists to restrict the government.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I believe in being careful of who we vote for.
What he said^^^^.

Willful ignorance of our civic duty is the most dangerous thing facing America today. It is why we are in the shape we're in today.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Crush the liberal agenda would be a good start.:wink:

Reactions: gtfoxy

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
04a01363bf43152cca63d33460282fb1.jpg

As i have posted before, above, i truly believe in..Don't need to wonder where the Communist Dictator Oblamer,Drunken Joe(he has to be a lot of times),and the crooked Holder,stands,that's obvious.I worry about my state,mostly.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like all the suggestions above.

If we are to procure a heritage for our childrens civil liberties we need to first & foremost make that our focus.

To many distractions in life that aren't the right direction to lead kids & those sunk in apathy & ignorance.

Beyond that we need to work to re-enforce or civil liberties by first passing pro 2 A legislation & develop each state as its own industry that suports other states with the same ideals.

United we Stand, divided we Fall

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like all the suggestions above.

If we are to procure a heritage for our childrens civil liberties we need to first & foremost make that our focus.

To many distractions in life that aren't the right direction to lead kids & those sunk in apathy & ignorance.

Beyond that we need to work to re-enforce or civil liberties by first passing pro 2 A legislation & develop each state as its own industry that suports other states with the same ideals.

United we Stand, divided we Fall
This is the most realistic well thought out response yet. Now is not the time to relax or sit idly by. We must push our individual state governments in the rite direction. Give back the power to the individual states.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
We have already mortgaged our children and grand children's future. They will have neither the will, the ability nor the where with all to repay the debt our Godless greed, selfish pride and mindless apathy has incurred. The Constitution has already been swept under the rug, we simply fail to recognize the baby steps.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have already mortgaged our children and grand children's future. They will have neither the will, the ability nor the where with all to repay the debt our Godless greed, selfish pride and mindless apathy has incurred. The Constitution has already been swept under the rug, we simply fail to recognize the baby steps.
Their is an awakening occurring rite now, I'll concede that the awakening is slow, but its exponential. Their are real solutions out their. There has to be! That's what I would like to hear about. The real ideas, rock solid and ready to become action. Got any of them out there? If not... We are in a heap of trouble.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle, but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting.

Sun Tzu

Reactions: gtfoxy and Jpeetz

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have been a lobbyist for The Gun Owners of Vermont for more years than I can remember. There are a number of things to stem off the anti-gun crowd. Show up at rallies for both the pro and anti to counter there lies with the truth. Don't accept any excuses from politician's and always thank the ones who stand with you . Show up at hearings to testify even if you just say you against or for something. They want your vote so always remember that if they don't like you its because they are not on your side. Make sure they know that your not running for reelection and they are.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I went to a workshop on the different generations in the workforce and the point was to understand the priorities of each generation so we could bridge the generation gaps in the workplace.

I'll skip all of the other interesting stuff I learned about the different perspectives of each generation, but pertinent to this thread the Millennials (the youngest generation now in the workforce) most pertinent issue was PERSONAL PROTECTION. This is because they grew up in time with mass media coverage of events like Columbine, 911, etc.

This generation seems to have a firm grip on the concept of "my protection is my responsibility" and has a significant interest in the Second Amendment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Stand up, make your voice heard. I would ask, have you contacted your representation regarding your beliefs? did your children participate when you wrote letters, emails etc. did you share information you received in return. Not trying to be accusatory, but for our system to work, individuals have to get involved, deeply involved and carry your message as far and wide as possible. I even share my letters and emails with friends in hopes that they will establish lines of communication as well.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Stand up, make your voice heard. I would ask, have you contacted your representation regarding your beliefs? did your children participate when you wrote letters, emails etc. did you share information you received in return. Not trying to be accusatory, but for our system to work, individuals have to get involved, deeply involved and carry your message as far and wide as possible. I even share my letters and emails with friends in hopes that they will establish lines of communication as well.
What you discribe is fundamental activism & awareness in our peoples that, for so long, helped make this Country, with rights given by God, Ratified in acknowledgement through Law, but not that against the people, but yet against its Government, so to establish that the ability for peace lies in that Faith there-in, acting in accordance with another type of law, and not that of an adherance to a written law, but yet that to the Ungovernable, being that of the Law of the Heart.

How so did the Roman Empire Fall?

How so did the Great English Empire be defeated?

How so may our Country, not only remain, but growing even more so?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts