1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
10,807 Posts
Great story of selfless devotion to duty and fellow man.
It always surprised me how the influenza made it into small remote villages back when travel is not as easy or prevalent as today

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
"Without the proper protective equipment that today we know is critical, many of the crew fell ill themselves, including the captain. " Ther PPE that medical research condemns as providing zero benefits and plenty of severe health risks?

430 Posts
Read an excellent article today on the Plandemic. If you guys aren't already, start stocking up on food.

I've been stocking up on Ivermectin, harder and harder to find now.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
"Without the proper protective equipment that today we know is critical, many of the crew fell ill themselves, including the captain. " Ther PPE that medical research condemns as providing zero benefits and plenty of severe health risks?
That article is partially true. I've never seen the claimed death total for the Spanish Flu to even be remotely that high anywhere else. It is a "CDC figure", probably a revised modern day one.

The death total for that town shows the actual death rate to be far lower than 10%. At best, with a severe outbreak, and assuming that everyone in the village was fed at 1,000 meals in the one day, the death rate would be 4.5% at most. The limited data in the article refutes the "CDC figures" given.

The reference to modern day anything is ludicrous, and ingenuous. No one at a current moment in time gives any thought to what will be... You are dealing with the here and now. The crew cared about one thing, and only one thing. Helping those in need and any risks be damned. They did not care about putting their lives on the line. They were true Americans.

They didn't hide in fear. That part of the story cannot be refuted. That's all the story should have been about. The author of this story tainted it by adding a twist to it. Disgusting, and dishonorable as far as I'm concerned.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Read an excellent article today on the Plandemic. If you guys aren't already, start stocking up on food.

I've been stocking up on Ivermectin, harder and harder to find now.
Sounds risky. From the FDA website: "The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals."

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Coast Guard gets all kinds of tough duty. And they do a great job of getting it done. As the article relates, they've been doing it for a long time.

• Love
Reactions: CWOUSCG

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
That article is partially true. I've never seen the claimed death total for the Spanish Flu to even be remotely that high anywhere else. It is a "CDC figure", probably a revised modern day one.

The death total for that town shows the actual death rate to be far lower than 10%. At best, with a severe outbreak, and assuming that everyone in the village was fed at 1,000 meals in the one day, the death rate would be 4.5% at most. The limited data in the article refutes the "CDC figures" given.

The reference to modern day anything is ludicrous, and ingenuous. No one at a current moment in time gives any thought to what will be... You are dealing with the here and now. The crew cared about one thing, and only one thing. Helping those in need and any risks be damned. They did not care about putting their lives on the line. They were true Americans.

They didn't hide in fear. That part of the story cannot be refuted. That's all the story should have been about. The author of this story tainted it by adding a twist to it. Disgusting, and dishonorable as far as I'm concerned.
Sadly, my son-in-law's brother-in-law passed yesterday from Covid. He first came down with bronchitis from the mask he was forced to wear at work, despite having the vaccine. This is exactly what the medical research warned about. Even the research from the CDC predicts that. Did you catch that he had the vaccine? Neither effective nor safe. I know two people who had healthy relatives get the shot and died from the shot, multiple organ failures in each of them. Pushing the mask, pushing the vaccine, is equal to murder. Ever notice that those who spout the mask the loudest are also rejecting the mask in large private parties? Also, the White House staff is NOT under the vaccine mandate. I also notice there are assigned seats at Walmart for those who had the vaccine to wait fifteen minutes. Don't need that for the flu vaccine. Only the Covid vaccine. Gotta make sure you don't have a common severe reaction right away. That should tell you how they really feel about the vaccine.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Yes- The death toll from the Spanish Flu was very high from everything I have read about it. While the coasties took care of people in that village they visited another village where the entire population had died from the flu and the villagers dogs had started eating the bodies for lack of food. When these dogs attacked the coasties and the coasties shot the dogs. That is well documented.

·
Registered
45,369 Posts
Sadly, my son-in-law's brother-in-law passed yesterday from Covid. He first came down with bronchitis from the mask he was forced to wear at work, despite having the vaccine. This is exactly what the medical research warned about. Even the research from the CDC predicts that. Did you catch that he had the vaccine? Neither effective nor safe. I know two people who had healthy relatives get the shot and died from the shot, multiple organ failures in each of them. Pushing the mask, pushing the vaccine, is equal to murder. Ever notice that those who spout the mask the loudest are also rejecting the mask in large private parties? Also, the White House staff is NOT under the vaccine mandate. I also notice there are assigned seats at Walmart for those who had the vaccine to wait fifteen minutes. Don't need that for the flu vaccine. Only the Covid vaccine. Gotta make sure you don't have a common severe reaction right away. That should tell you how they really feel about the vaccine.
Seems the safest thing is to be neither related to or know you. Death seems to hover overhead. As for the flu-shot waiting period, I've always had to wait, even in the service or Walgreens. For years.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I ran across something a while back, there was a book written back in the 70s saying the Spanish Flu was caused by vaccines. Not saying it's true, I have no idea, but it is interesting considering the discussions today.

Vaccination The Silent Killer: A Clear And Present Danger: The 1918 Influenza Epidemic Was a Vaccine – Caused Disease by Ida Honorof and E. McBean

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
The death toll from the Spanish Flu was very high from everything I have read about it.
It was bad because of many things. Life was lived differently from a cleanliness standpoint, and the basic understanding of how to treat viral outbreaks was in its infancy. Just think of what knowledge was gained from studying that outbreak. No other flu outbreak since then has had any such a profound negative impact on people.

it led to the basis of how the medical establishment deals with colds/flus. We have all benefitted from that tragedy. Good people made certain of that.

·
Administrator
144,855 Posts
Great. We disallow COVID threads on the forum so put up a thread about the Spanish Flu....and then post COVID stuff. 😁
Fantastic creative workaround.
Please keep it on topic to the Spanish Flu.

Reactions: CWOUSCG

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Seems the safest thing is to be neither related to or know you. Death seems to hover overhead. As for the flu-shot waiting period, I've always had to wait, even in the service or Walgreens. For years.
Wait AFTER the receiving the shot?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Regarding the Spanish Flu epidemic I read a story about the Town of Gunnison Colorado that had no deaths. The Town Board Mandated Nobody In And Nobody Out...At Gunpoint. Worked.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts