Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a Glock 21C (.45, compensated) and a Glock 26 (9mm). My wife and I share the G26 for carry, but she is carrying so often now it is time for a new CCW. I am looking at the G30 and am considering trading in the G21C to offset the cost, since I just got laid off. How can I find out how much the G21C is worth? I am just looking for a ballpark here to decide if it is even worth trading it in. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
personaly i would go to two sites ( since your just laid off and prob dont want to buy a pjfisteds blue book ) try http://gunsamerica.com/ and http://www.gunbroker.com/ look at what is there and average the prices for your model / condition that should get you ball park on a retail price for it

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
you could also ask someone who has a bluebook but i dont think the prices they list really are that close sometimes or else were just plain getting ripped off

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
I think ******* has best advice - go and check and compare - it should reflect something like the current market value.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
I have a 2002 edition of the blue book if ya know what % condition , I can give ya ballpark, but the gun sites will give ya market value.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Website - www.priceforguns.com

I currently own a Glock 21C (.45, compensated) and a Glock 26 (9mm). My wife and I share the G26 for carry, but she is carrying so often now it is time for a new CCW. I am looking at the G30 and am considering trading in the G21C to offset the cost, since I just got laid off. How can I find out how much the G21C is worth? I am just looking for a ballpark here to decide if it is even worth trading it in. Thanks!
I am getting close to finishing a new website called www.priceforguns.com. It shows the current market value of hundreds of guns based on actual sales data form auction, classifieds, and retailer websites. It will also graph how the prices change over time. Go to www.priceforguns.com and submit your e-mail to get all the updates about the website launch. There will be a raffle for prizes when the website is launched for those who participate.

·
Premium Member
8,535 Posts
This is a local GA forum for meeting face to face to buy and sell guns. I did a search on 21C. Mebbe 600-ish. Those are the asking prices.

The Outdoors Trader

It may be a different market in Texas, of course.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Don't even think about trading it in. A Dealer will give you $200. If you are lucky. Either sell it outright or learn to dress around the gun.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah I was shocked at what my LGS was offering me on a gun I was wanting to horse trade with. And this is a place I have done a LOT of business with. Definitely better selling it through other means by far. I mean I know they need to make their profit and all, but still...

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Definitely better off selling it to an individual than trading it in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts