Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a CCP holder for a couple years now. I did have to aquire an expungement on my past record in order to purchase firearms. Everytime I buy a firearm I have to wait the full amount, eventhough I have a CCP and the expungement.

I was told by a FFL dealer that when they do my background checks that it is probably getting hungup on that until they do enough research to clear it.

I googled UPIN & FBI but the phone # is not in use. Any ideas?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am a CCP holder for a couple years now. I did have to aquire an expungement on my past record in order to purchase firearms. Everytime I buy a firearm I have to wait the full amount, eventhough I have a CCP and the expungement.

I was told by a FFL dealer that when they do my background checks that it is probably getting hungup on that until they do enough research to clear it.

I googled UPIN & FBI but the phone # is not in use. Any ideas?
Phone book and call any FBI office. Let them find the contact number.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, thats the number that is not in service.

But the application looks good. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Call 1-877-324-6427.

Listen to the prompts, you want non FFL customer service. They can direct you how to apply. :hand10:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Call 1-877-324-6427.

Listen to the prompts, you want non FFL customer service. They can direct you how to apply. :hand10:
I called the phone number the other day and talked to a real person..LOL! They are sending me some paperwork to fill out and then return.

Thank you for th ehelp my friend. :king:

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you have A CCW in N.C. they do not do a background check in The great State of N.C. Thats Nice

·
Registered
656 Posts
I might give that a try also.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Obtaining a UPIN is a cure for delays for a minor infraction history. I had this problem myself, that I always was on delay, but always got proceed after the three days in Indiana. Called NICS and while they couldn't confirm the infraction it became apparent that I would always be on delay, but never denied, unless of course of a new and barring infraction. Was told of the UPIN and applied and recieved my UPIN. Now it's cash and carry. My infraction, as it was simple for me to figure as there weren't any others, was buying beer at the age of 19 and being arrested for it. That would come up as "possession" and would delay me until the record was opened up and could be seen that it wasn't a deniable charge/conviction. Good luck it works!

LOG

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Never knew that, good to know, myself and my better half walked in to Academy Sports last night to buy her a 38 and 73 minutes later walked out with the 38 and a Mossberg 500 Persuader (ok, I got weak willed and couldn't resist it, it was calling my name from down at the other end of the counter dang it).:wink:

I'm proud of myself, after handling it and checking it over completely, I lasted exactly 1 minute and probably 30 seconds and thats 30 seconds long then I thought I would last.:35:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Never knew that, good to know, myself and my better half walked in to Academy Sports last night to buy her a 38 and 73 minutes later walked out with the 38 and a Mossberg 500 Persuader (ok, I got weak willed and couldn't resist it, it was calling my name from down at the other end of the counter dang it).:wink:

I'm proud of myself, after handling it and checking it over completely, I lasted exactly 1 minute and probably 30 seconds and thats 30 seconds long then I thought I would last.:35:
Sorry, my whole point of this was that 70 minutes is dang good timing on a busy Friday night at the gun counter.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Heh, I was flat out amazed that several months ago I walked up to an Academy Sports counter at 9:30pm on a Tuesday I think, having "never been in the system" or yet to have applied for my firearms license and was outside the door at 9:53pm with my Glock 27, an extra mag and some ammo. 23 minutes from greeting to purchase. Me filling out the paperwork took the most time. The guy at the counter said having a fairly unique name helps. I did not provide my SSN.

What was odd was them walking it outside and only handing it over to me once I was outside the store. Yeah, that's a safety measure that makes sense. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
148 Posts
What was odd was them walking it outside and only handing it over to me once I was outside the store. Yeah, that's a safety measure that makes sense. :rolleyes:
Seems like all the "Big Box" gun shops do that. I'm sure there's some reason that makes sense to the lawyers, but I can't see it either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPIN #

You just call the FBI # 1-877-324-6427 and let it go till someone picks up and ask for customer service for UPIN info.

They will take your info and mail you a package to fill out and a finger print card to take to your local sherriffs office to
be printed and make sure that office put their stamp on it or its no good.

You send the paperwork and finger prints after making sure you signed the back of your paperwork so they can process it and it can take 30 to 150 days depending on the individual.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A 150 days? Man I have been waiting for about 46 days now.I still have not recieved a UPIN number or any paperwork from the FBI yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice! I checked the mail today and wallah! I had a large manila envelop in my my mail box today from the FBI. I have recieved my UPIN #. :king: now I can start the work on getting a SBR tax stamp and turn my Krink into what it was designed to be.

Lets see, today is 5-10 and I mailed off my request the 1st week of January. So roughly a 130 - 140 days and I got my UPIN.

·
Registered
95 Posts
They did that at Wally World when I bought a Rossi 22/410 for my son. They also don't allow you to buy ammo and a gun at the same time. :nono: I had to take the gun to the car and then go back for the ammo.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They did that at Wally World when I bought a Rossi 22/410 for my son. They also don't allow you to buy ammo and a gun at the same time. :nono: I had to take the gun to the car and then go back for the ammo.
Reminds me of the other day when I was at the Guns West gunshow in Portland OR. The security guy that checks your firearms before you go in locked the slide back on my buddies G-21 with a white plastic zip tie and muttered, "I don't know why they make us do this because it is not gonna do much if someone decides to cause a problem." We both chuckled and thought the same thing. :tired:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes! Just got off the phone with the ATF and they are sending out my 5320.1 PK forms for a SBR!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts