Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be happy with what I have, but my eye keeps wandering. My main compact carry is a Langdonized Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Inox. I also have a Legionized P229. I describe them that way because, although I could have bought the real thing for cheaper than what it cost me to build either of them, both are as good (and better for me) than the real things in my opinion (which is to say they are both excellent firearms).

That said, I've been thinking about a CZ P-07 or even possibly a P-09 (since I already have the compact and subcompact genres well covered and might go larger if there's an advantage). After owning dozens of carry guns I prefer hammer guns for compact and full-size pistols and striker fired for anything smaller (they're more size/capacity efficient), and I've never owned a CZ of any kind.

Anyone on here own the P-07 and/or P-09? And if so, how do you like them? I understand that it may take a lot of work to get them on par with the SIG and Beretta I already have, but that's part of the fun of it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
The CZ-P07 is awesome. Probably the only gun I wish I never sold. I dont even remember why I sold it. But, I can tell you it was a mistake. That gun ran flawless and was very accurate. Trigger is outstanding as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
They are awesome pistols.

If you purchase and install or send your pistol to Cajun Gun Works or Primary Machine and request the Pro Package (BUT LET THEM KNOW YOU WISH TO CARRY THE PISTOL!) and you’ll have a ~9 lb (smoooth) double action and an ~3.5 lb single action pull.

PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
CZ pistols are notoriously accurate and reliable. Some older designs need caution in caring for the firing pin. The modern designs are worry free.

I think the trigger guard on the P07 and P09 are un aesthetic. The SP01 is beautiful in its utility and function.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As Nmuskier said earlier, the older models of the P07 has issues with the firing pin breaking. Apparently you should never dry fire a P07 without Snap Caps or an O-Ring... and even then there are countless stories of people walking around with inoperable P07's and not knowing it until they clean their firearm.

I prefer the P-01 personally but then again (especially now that they ship with 15 round mags)... were it not for the reliability stigma attached to the P07, I would probably choose it as my EDC.

That's how good they are.

They are absolutely sweet shooters. They feel really really really nice.

I've been told they fixed the issue with the newer models... but I dunno... how do we know they fixed the issue? What did they do differently? How can we as the buyer tell that we got the "good" version?

Those my concerns.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm telling you, if you want a CZ carry pistol get one of these, Cajunize it and jazz it up with some Lok Grips! You'll walk away from your Sig and Beretta. 😅

View attachment 334260
I've definitely been keeping an eye on this pistol as well, but I doubt anything on the market today will cause me to walk away from my SIG or Beretta. For starters, the CZ just can't do what my SIG does (fire .357 SIG, .40 S&W, and 9mm out of one gun with a simple barrel and—for 9mm—mag change). Moreover, my PX4 Storm Compact Inox with Ernest Langdon's new OP trigger bar, 10lb. hammer spring and other upgrades has made for a ridiculously awesome DA/SA carry pistol that would be incredibly hard to beat (and relatively few people even know what one feels like now as the trigger bar & spring just came out in May or June which reduced its reset to one shorter than a PPQ and the DA pull to 6-6.5 lbs). So I'm not expecting a CZ pistol to beat it per se, but I would be happy if I could find one to come close to matching its shooting characteristics and overall performance while offering a 9mm suppressor host which is one of the downsides of the PX4 Storm series. The PX4 Storm Compact is already incredibly flat shooting due to its rotating barrel, and it is 2 ounces lighter than the suppressor ready P-07. It is also only 5" tall with a 15-round magazine making it incredibly compact (it's a Glock 26-size slide on a Glock 19-size frame). That said, a CZ P-01, P-07, or P-09 can also help tease out some extra velocity I can't get out of a PX4 Storm Compact (especially the latter with a threaded barrel).

Reactions: QuickQuestionAnon

·
Registered
805 Posts
After this thread I repurchased a new P-07. I should have never sold it to begin with. Best firearm ever. Fits my hand perfectly and it’s very accurate. I will never let go of this gun again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
P07/09 were my first CZs. Still have the 09 and if the aftermarket support was better I would still have the 07. Have switched to P10s now but the 09 is a very good shooter especially with Cajun trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts