Defensive Carry banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
In my opinion-any SA/DA 6 shooter with only 5 rounds chambered would be the absolute safest carry ...

But my Sig P238 feels safe in a pocket holster that covers the trigger guard and the external safety is on...

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
In my opinion-any SA/DA 6 shooter with only 5 rounds chambered would be the absolute safest carry ...

But my Sig P238 feels safe in a pocket holster that covers the trigger guard and the external safety is on...

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
John Wayne was tall.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
A 1911 with its safety engaged CANNOT fire.

It also has a firing pin block (some models) or a lightweight firing pin (9mm titanium firing pin for Springfield) AND a grip safety.

And if anyone would say, “I do not trust safeties” my response is at one time you didn’t trust firearms or shoot them well nor were you safe with them: these are all training issues.

Deactivating & Activating the external safety requires “no thought” for me. If you train around it you’ve got it. PERIOD.

We have safeties in our AR-15s and using them properly doesn’t make you slower and using the safety also requires “no effort”. Again, training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
A 1911 with its safety engaged CANNOT fire.

It also has a firing pin block (some models) or a lightweight firing pin (9mm titanium firing pin for Springfield) AND a grip safety.

And if anyone would say, “I do not trust safeties” my response is at one time you didn’t trust firearms or shoot them well nor were you safe with them: these are all training issues.

Deactivating & Activating the external safety requires “no thought” for me. If you train around it you’ve got it. PERIOD.

We have safeties in our AR-15s and using them properly doesn’t make you slower and using the safety also requires “no effort”. Again, training.

Yeah.....about that.

Now granted there were several factors at play here, but the 1911 can be just as unforgiving as anything. To be honest I almost have the same cringe factor RO'ing 1911 shooters as Glock shooters.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah.....about that.

Now granted there were several factors at play here, but the 1911 can be just as unforgiving as anything. To be honest I almost have the same cringe factor RO'ing 1911 shooters as Glock shooters.

We are speaking the INHERENT forgiveness of a pistol.

What I said is Engineering Sound. I stand by it.

Your video and people being a bit careless is a T-R-A-I-N-I-N-G issue.

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
We are speaking the INHERENT forgiveness of a pistol.

What I said is Engineering Sound. I stand by it.

Your video and people being a bit careless is a T-R-A-I-N-I-N-G issue.

W-E-L-L I-N T-H-I-S T-H-R-E-A-D W-E A-R-E-N-'T T-A-L-K-I-N-G A-B-O-U-T 1-9-1-1-S O-R W-H-A-T Y-O-U T-H-I-N-K I-S T-H-E S-A-F-E-S-T

81 - 88 of 88 Posts