Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hi Bill and welcome :smilez: (even if you did join last year!)

I have mag pouches/holders for most mags I might carry but in fact do not use them too often. Most likely now is a Galco single for a SIG 226 mag - and that is handy because a clip-on. If I were to have 1911 on board then it too I have a double holder for and would probably use it - if not doing the lazy pocket trick!

I don't carry spare mag much of time and so on occasions am lazy and throw one in a pocket. back when my carry was SP-101 I had a coupla speedloaders just in pockets - pouches were too protruberant for my liking.

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
What TN Eleven said...

although I also have some nylon magazine carriers I use as well.

If I'm carrying a revolver, I carry one or two HKS speedloaders in a nylon carrier on my strong-hand-side belt in front (so as to be at-hand when the revolver with open cylinder is in my weak hand).

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
I usually carry a spare magazine for either the 1911 or the USP .40.

If we get past the first 8 rounds, priority after the mag change will be un-butting the AO...

Matt

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I have many mag pouches but most every day I carry an extra mag in my left front pocket or one in my left rear pocket.In the past 4 years or so I put on a little weight and the mag tends to dig into my flesh a bit so I started carrying in my pockets most of the time.

·
Banned
270 Posts
One spare G17 mag in Comp-Tac kydex mag pouch @ 8 o'-clock (waiting for Blade-Tech pouch to arrive).

Two Speed-Strips (with 4 rounds 2+2) for S&W442 (my in between gun, not a BUG) in jacket pocket whether I have the gun or not.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
I usually carry one in leather mag pouch on the weak side.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I bought a Comp-tac double mag pouch for IDPA usage because I might need up to 31 rounds on a stage.

For daily concealed carry, I found that this kydex pouch sticks out pretty far---with G21 on the left and mags (or G27) on the right, I must squeeze into my form-fitting car seat too tightly. So for daily carry, I keep 1 extra mag in the console when I am in the car and transfer it to a pocket when I exit.

·
Super Moderator
23,594 Posts
I just got my leather belt loop mag holder for my Glock 17. I haven't used it yet - with 17 rounds in the Glock, I really really hope I never never need it! :haha:

I have the same on order for my Skyy CPX-1, along with the holster. That's a Haugen Handgun leather "Huntington Wedge". The 10 round capacity of the Skyy makes that mag holder look a "little more reasonable".....:image035:

Edit 04 26 06: Holster canceled pending resolution of Skyy matter (lack of confidence as CC weapon).

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Havent carried an extra mag yet. But this year itll be a single mag carrier on the weak side. Most likely be a Donn Hume product. Ive had good luck with there stuff and its reasonably priced. Have a great day Sixgun

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Hi Bill.

I carry at least one magazine on my weak side; two if it's a single stack 9mm mag. I usually carry a spare mag for my BUG in a pants pocket.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I found a really nice leather Galco mag holder for single stack mags that just clips to my belt, so I cary that on the weak side hip. Kinda helps balance out the CCW weight.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I haven't spent much on the holsters and mag carriers yet - for now I carry my spare mag (Colt stainless 8rd .45) in the belt carrier that came with my Victorinox tool (9:00). The plus to this is it looks totally inocuous

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I carry an extra mag and my SureFire 6P in a pouch on the weak side.

If I'm wearing my Monarch shoulder rig, then it's two spare mags with my SureFire.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts