Defensive Carry banner

For people who carry Glocks

• I carry with a round in the chamber ready to shoot

Votes: 106 94.6%
  • I carry with the chamber empty and have to rack the slide to be ready to shoot

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that carry Glocks.

Do you carry with a round in the chamber -- ready to shoot?

Or do you carry with chamber empty -- need to rack the slide to be ready to shoot?

I posted a simple poll for this question.

Hopefully only people who carry Glocks will respond to the poll.

Everyone else can post a response if they want.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I carry IWB, round chambered. If you have to chamber a round before you can use your weapon, you may never get the first shot off. Use a good holster that protects the trigger, practice good safe trigger discipline, and stop worrying.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
I sometimes carry a G19 with a JM Custom Kydex IWB holster with a round in the chamber. I also carry my G26 usually two days a week in an ankle holster with a round in the chamber.

·
Vendor
1,567 Posts
If you nee to the idea of carrying with a round chambered and it concerns you then try a snap cap for a while and see how often the gun would have fired all by itself. Does help to take away the worrie till you get used to it. And like the fellow said use a good holster that covers and protects the trigger. Don't get a shirt tail mixed up in the trigger when holstering.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
Always one in the pipe, just like I would any other gun.

·
Registered
34,036 Posts
If one is afraid to carry a Glock with a round chambered, or any other make for that matter, then one should not be carrying that firearm.

Or just get over it.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Every once in a while this topic rises up out of the dirt and rears its ugly head. For the life of me, I cannot imagine anyone being stupid enough to carry a sidearm that is not in full battery. Granted, it is their right to do this if they must, though I can't for the life of me understand their logic and reasoning to do this. Simply put, humans are not in any danger of going extinct so if someone decides to carry in this manner and winds up paying the ultimate price for their ignorance... Oh well. There are plenty of people left to fill that minuscule void.

Reactions: kukla and M1911A1

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Carrying w/o round chambered

When I carry a Glock, it is with a round chambered.

IF one chooses not to do such and carry with the chamber empty, I would suggest they study the Israeli's IDF training techniques for placing a sidearm into action without a round initially chambered and spend significant training time practicing the techniques needed to chamber quickly.

twmj16-masada-drawing.jpg

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I only carry with an empty chamber when the prospect of throwing the whole contraption at somebody presents itself. :embarassed:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Every once in a while this topic rises up out of the dirt and rears its ugly head. For the life of me, I cannot imagine anyone being stupid enough to carry a sidearm that is not in full battery. Granted, it is their right to do this if they must, though I can't for the life of me understand their logic and reasoning to do this. Simply put, humans are not in any danger of going extinct so if someone decides to carry in this manner and winds up paying the ultimate price for their ignorance... Oh well. There are plenty of people left to fill that minuscule void.
If you were walking (of wheeling yourself) around with a big hole you blew in your leg, perhaps you would be more careful.

Murphy's law is still in effect no matter how much training you have.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Depending on where/when I go out and what the circumstances are, it could be either

Glock 45 - 1 in the pipe + up to 2 spare magazines (52 rds of 9mm)
Glock 19x - 1 in the pipe + up to 2 spare magazines (56 rds of 9mm)
Glock 30 sf - 1 in the pipe + up to 2 spare Glock 21 magazines (37 rds of .45ACP)

ETA: Mostly carried OWB, but sometimes the 45/19X is IWB. I don't have an IWB holster yet for the 30.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts