Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On your belt, IWB or around your neck? Anyone carry anywhere else (sleeve, back of neck, ankle)?

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
I carry my Benchmade Stryker clipped to the back corner of my front right (strong side) pocket. I would like to have a small sheath knife to carry around my neck, in front, at times but haven\'t found one I have really been sold on yet.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I carry my folders clipped to the waistband of my jeans, 1-2 o\'clock.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Can\'t. I am allowed to bring my sidearm to work, and stash it in the gun locker, but not my Leatherman, or any other blade. Too dangerous, you see....:O:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Strong side front pocket...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the bottom of my otherwise empty pocket most of the time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
CRKT M16 clipped to my right front pocket.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I clip my Spyderco \"Massad Ayoob\" inside the waistband of my trousers, at about 7-o\'clock (I\'m a lefty). It\'s slim enough that I can then forget about it unless I need it.

I\'ve been giving serious thought to getting one of these, though:

http://www.hideawayknife.com/main.php

·
Registered
742 Posts
Spyderco left and right, in tool pocket of the Carharts I have on, and Spyderco old Delica in top of right leg sock.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That, sir, is a lot of steel! :O

·
Banned
693 Posts
It depends on the knife and what I\'m doing.

If I\'m just walking around like a brain-dead stooge (in otehr words, working), I use a knife with a clip in my right front pocket, positioned against the side of the leg/pocket seam.

If I\'m riding my motorcycle, I use a sheath type folder, like a Buck 110, so a pocketknife isn\'t jabbing me in the thigh.

I keep a Razor Knife in my back right pocket. (\"No problem, Mr. Mugger, let me get you that wallet immediately.\")

If I\'m meeting with some LEOs to discuss automatic knives for sale, I usually carry a Pro Tech Godson.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I carry a Spyderco Endura in my left hip pocket (I\'m right handed). I draw it and open it ballistically in reverse grip with the left hand. I also carry a Cold Steel 5-inch Gunsite model IWB in appendix carry position (just forward of the point of my right hipbone.) It\'s accessable to either my right hand in forward grip or my left hand in reverse grip.

If you own a shot timer (like they use in IDPA or IPSC), you can have some fun with this test.

• - Blow up some inflatable balloons and tape them to the front of your timer.
  • - At the beep, draw your knife from however you normally carry it, open it, assume a normal grip with it, and pop the balloon with the blade.
It\'s a fun test and lets you quantiatively evaluate different carry options.

Chuck

·
Registered
370 Posts
Chuck, I want to thank you for getting me back to carrying a real knife. After we had lunch that time and I realized I\'d only been carrying a Victorinex jackknife for months, I got my Ayoob back out and started making sure I kept it on me. You\'re a good role model, you knife-toter, you. :D

Reactions: GhostMaker

·
Registered
6 Posts
IWB about 2:00; clip on the waistband behind belt (if worn). Clipped inside right jersey pocket while biking. IWB at 6:00 while swimming.

Just kidding about the swimming part. ;)

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I always have my Spyderco in my right front pocket. Usually a Benchmade in the front left. I have been known to carry two others, but that is rare.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
I carry my Spyderco combo edge clipped to the rear of my strongside front pocket. I rarely employ a sheath except when I was also using Load Bearing Equipment as an infantry officer. Then, it was a fixed blade securely attached to my left front shoulder strap, upside down for quick and silent draw. Note: I never \"had\" to be silent when drawing this blade. LOL

There are times when I carry an automatic knife (which is legal under Florida law if you have a CCW). It\'s not a super high quality blade, and like all such knives, the weakness is in the mechanism. But it is impressively quick and it\'s serrated edge makes it a bit more useful for me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts