Defensive Carry banner

How do you carry your extra magazine/speedloader?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how those with a CWP carry their extra mags or speedloaders.

I have a double mag holder, OWB on the weak side.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I use a single OWB holder as of right now. But I need to rethink that since the G36 has only a 6 round mag...

·
Registered
72 Posts
When I am wearing my Uncle Mike's shoulder rig :gah: it is on my weak side.:bier: When I am wearing my paddle I don't carry. :comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I carry mine in a generic cell phone/radio holster, OWB, weak side. Going for the multi tool look, not the tacti cool look. It rides behind my cell phone on my belt.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Sometimes I carry a pair on the off-side of a shoulder holster, sometimes a single in a clip-on carrier on the outside of the waist band, sometimes in a pocket, and sometimes none at all.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
I usually carry one extra mag in an OWB belt carrier. For Jax or Orlando, I have a double mag carrier (still OWB).:22a:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually carry one extra mag in an OWB belt carrier. For Jax or Orlando, I have a double mag carrier (still OWB).:22a:
Is the motto of the Jax/ Orlando resident, "More ammo!!"?

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Weak side front pocket form me.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Over time, the whole carry thing’ becomes an integral part of your life. It’s like intuitively dawning your seatbelt when you get in your vehicle. I use to carry a heavy semi-auto for all the right reasons but I eventually chose something more conducive to my minimalist life-style. I usually carry a speed-strip in my hip pocket and that’s it.
Regards,
Dan

·
Registered
296 Posts
I ordered a dual pouch Fobus paddle for my extra mags. Right now I use my Galco with the single mag pouch attached to the holster or just pocket carry them.

·
Registered
469 Posts
If I carry OWB or IWB its in a serpa mag holder weakside if I carry IWB and if Im carrying OWB it rides in FRONT of the holster (just the way I like it, dont really know why) in the shoulder rig it sits under my right arm.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cellphone case

I have a Glock 27 that I put an extra mag into a nylon cellphone case that has a velcro closure and spring clip.
I seem to have my phone in my shirt pocket or pants pocket more than in the case, so I stuck my extra mag in the holster and nobody even notices. :king::comeandgetsome:

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Having recently switched to my Kahr PM9 as my primary EDC, I decided I really needed to start to carry an extra mag. I first tried an IWB carrier from a custom holster maker, but it keeps poking me in my side. I think I am going to try a horizontal carrier next. I looked at a Galco on-line yesterday and it seems to be just what I am looking for. In the interim, I am just keeping the extra mag in my back pocket

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fobus Double Mag Pouch, single stack for me. It could be a little bit looser, but it is VERY affordable and takes away any possiblity of fumbling. :wink:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In one of these.

That holster looks really good. Currently, I have a slide on that is hard to position because of belt loops. I can hardly wait to get my HighNoon Double Take with snaps.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I look at it like this, if I can't hit my target with 15 or 13 rounds then I am gonna lose this battle period.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I look at it like this, if I can't hit my target with 15 or 13 rounds then I am gonna lose this battle period.
I'm just ready for more than 15 targets.:wink:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts