Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 30 10.9%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please pick the 1 answer that BEST describes how you Conceal Carry MOST of the time.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Please pick the 1 answer that BEST describes how you Conceal Carry MOST of the time.
Hey CigarStix, was this to be a poll? Don't see any choices.

·
Registered
46,180 Posts
I can't get corfortable with IWB, and with the loose, warm-weather clothing here in S. FL OWB works fine.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Pocket is the most common then IWB

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
IWB @ about 3:30 with full sized 1911

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm surprised folks more don't carry on the ankle. With practice, I can get to my weapon quickly, it's comfortable, and concealment is excellent. I especially like that I can get to it while sitting in my car without undoing my seatbelt or going through contortions. Admittedly, I can't do it on the run though!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Due to only one choice, I voted OWB. But due to the weather changing now, I'm actually using a 5.11 pistol carry pouch (aka "fanny pouch", but anything but), for more than 50 % of the time. (Retired and don't have to "dress up" for work, etc). I carry a full size 1911 with Wilson ETM 8 rnd mags. I've found a way to store an extra mag in the pouch that has nothing to do with their recomendations. Amazing how comfortable it is. Also amazing how it absolutely conceals my rig. Weapon and mags only, 2 smaller pockets are tiny. (Disclaimer: This is not an advertisement for this piece of gear!!) I'm just completely pleased and satisfied with it. I've been using it off and on for over two months now, sometimes slighty covered with an open Hawaiian shirt, but many times with only a tee shirt. (Yeah, yeah. . .I do have pants, on thank you). Nobody, but nobody, even in crowds, indoors or out, stores, restaurants, wherever, has given me even a cursory look. Let's face it: I'm just an old warhorse with a cane. (Secondary back up). Anyway, that's my carry.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm surprised folks more don't carry on the ankle. With practice, I can get to my weapon quickly, it's comfortable, and concealment is excellent. I especially like that I can get to it while sitting in my car without undoing my seatbelt or going through contortions. Admittedly, I can't do it on the run though!
I strongly considered the ankle carry, I even purchased a DeSantis ankle holster for my glock 26. The fit was great, but the problem for me was that it would print badly and my pants would hang up on it. If I was to wear looser pants, I'm sure it would work out okay.

The way I usually carry, in everyday public situations, is with an IWB Winthrop holster.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Either a Remora IWB at 4 p.m. or a belly band, same location. Glock 30 SF, 3rd Gen.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts