Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to slowly ease my wife into the idea of carrying concealed, but i can already see a potential problem. She only weights a 120 lbs. She is very thin and likes to wear form fitting clothes. I know a purse is always an option, but I don't like the idea of carrying off body. So this question if for you ladies who are here and for the men whose better half carry, how do you/they carry?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
My significant other is 4' 10" 103 lbs. and she carries a S&W 642 in her purse. Not the best choice but it's better than nothing. She refuses to wear a holster "because it makes he clothes fit funny". :blink:

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
My wife has been a real 'slacker' when it comes to CCW. She's got a new Glock-26 and a Tommy's Gun Pack and doesn't use it. Instead she also has a very thin leather pouch in which the KelTec .32 'just' fits in...that's what she carries...if I remind her. She just doesn't think much about CCW, especially when I have my firearm. I'll remind her and she just says, "You have yours along, we're fine!":aargh4:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
My wife carries all the time just like me with one exception...she gets to carry at work. Over all, I can sum up how she carries in two words......very easily!

·
Registered
192 Posts
When I'm CC'ing, I do so by wearing a jacket or loose sweater. I carry my Ladysmith in a cross-draw belt holster, worn on my strong side.

That said, I usually OC (except when removing the jacket would just be too cold).

Then, I'm not a petite 120lb anything, and haven't been for years. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
The little woman (5'2"/105 lbs) carries a M&P 9c in a High slide OWB from SGH (site sponsor) @ 4 O'clock.

Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters

:comeandgetsome:

She likes to wear a dress jacket or a less formal flannel cover shirt when out & about.

·
Registered
368 Posts
my gf is WAAAY too crazy to carry. her temper has a hair trigger as it is, i feel no need to arm her

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
my gf is WAAAY too crazy to carry. her temper has a hair trigger as it is, i feel no need to arm her
:rofl::rofl::congrats:

BOT: My wife alternates between purse and SOB. It's tough to conceal with some women's clothing, and they sem to have o make more compromises for clothing than we do.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
My other half always carries in one of her "concealed carry purses". Plus it gives me something new to get her for those special moments.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
:rofl::rofl::congrats:

BOT: My wife alternates between purse and SOB. It's tough to conceal with some women's clothing, and they sem to have o make more compromises for clothing than we do.
I'm experiencing things the other way around. My wife carries so easily, and it disappears. I was pretty much jealous at first, but in the long run, it makes things easier on me. We're still looking for the perfect holster though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
my wife wears some pretty form fitting cloths as well so she carries in her purse. but her purse is more like a hand bag. i've seen her practice draw and she's pretty quick with it. and she's pretty conscious about the possibility of a purse snatching. plus when i walk with her i walk on the side she keeps her purse to help thwart the possibility. combined with her situational awareness... well lets just put it this way, i've never seen someone with so much SA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife carries in a concealed carry purse. She actually likes the style of the purse, so that's not a problem. She has wardrobe issues with carrying on her person. I guess a purse is better than not at all.

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
My wife is also petite. She uses a belly band for her LCP and a spare mag. Loose cover shirt conceals it well.

·
Registered
654 Posts
My wife carries in her Purse, it's a small handbag/clutch type with a side compartment for her 38Spl Airweight. She is petite also, and does not like to carry on her body at all, but she always carries her purse and therefore her gun.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I'm trying to slowly ease my wife into the idea of carrying concealed, but i can already see a potential problem. She only weights a 120 lbs. She is very thin and likes to wear form fitting clothes. I know a purse is always an option, but I don't like the idea of carrying off body. So this question if for you ladies who are here and for the men whose better half carry, how do you/they carry?
If there's a will, there's a way.

It all depends on what I'm wearing and what I feel like carrying.

OWB with a cover garment
Shoulder holster when wearing a jacket
Thigh holster when wearing a dress
Belly band when run
IWB in the summer when wearing jeans

Carrying in a purse is always my last option when nothing else will work.

There are a lot of different options that your wife should check out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My wife carries in her Purse, it's a small handbag/clutch type with a side compartment for her 38Spl Airweight. She is petite also, and does not like to carry on her body at all, but she always carries her purse and therefore her gun.
+1!

My wife carries her BERSA T380 the same way. She bought it online, sight unseen due to the limited availability of CC purses locally.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
My wife purse carries but is looking into a belly band. She is cloths conscience and does not want to be made with CC.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts