Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the gunsmith the other day getting my Mossberg looked at. After a few minutes some kid walks in. The worker asks him how old he is and he said 18, but he didn't look a day over 16, and looks sketchy. Anyway while everyone was minding their business, one of the customers there grabs the kid and start yelling "he just stole a gun, he just stole a gun!!" So he grabs the kid and all of a sudden all the people that were in the back of the shop come out, guns-a-blazin.:comeandgetsome: The owner of the shop had a shotgun right in his face. Turns out he reached over the counter when noone was looking and stole a revolver. One of the customers (who was kinda bigger) sat on him till the cops got there. I was just watching the whole thing, shaking my head.

How dumb does someone have to be to try to rob a GUN store, knowing that everyone in that store has a gun?!
What an idiot!

·
Registered
67 Posts
How stupid is it for some 16 y/o to want to be a gang banger? He is going to die or go to jail before he's 21, stealing a gun is just anecdotal evidence of that stupidity. Besides, the prosecutor will throw it out, not worth his time

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Oh good grief!

Gun stores are typically the safest place to be in town. Our local banks get held up several times a year. Gun stores - never! That would be a suicide mission.

This reminds me of recently some gang-bangers that showed up window-shopping in one of my favorite gun stores. I quietly went on 'red alert' and positioned myself where there was a concrete wall to serve as a back-stop on the other side of them from me, and noticed that the other employees in the store were doing the same. Very quickly we had the equivalent of a firing squad casually milling about. Fortunately, the bangers left without incident.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Makes me wonder how many times a day they manage to get away with it. Even in my small town with a limited number of sketchy types, all the cabinets within reach of customers are locked.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Trying to apply rationality and logic to the actions of thugs and criminals is an effort in futlilty. They are stupid, that's why they are criminals. This one just happens to be extra foolish and considered only the intended ends, and not the incredible rediculousness of his actions.

Bear in mind, there are some incredibly intelligent criminals also, although I'm not sure which are more dangerous; The calculating genious, or the reckless stupidity. We are all more likely to deal with the later.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Good lord...

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Have not heard of anyone trying that in a Gun Shop.....Last event that I knew of was a burglery at a local gun shop while the owner was upstairs.........Alarm went off, cops came and entered through the back.....BG exited out the front with the help of a blast of 12Ga. 00 Buck....owner told me the next day that the wad was sticking through the BG's bycep when he came down stairs to meet LEO and the BG was at the bottom of the front steps...............

·
Registered
258 Posts
I love my gunstore...it makes me feel kinda safe...well...it is not mine but that is where I always go when I need a gun or some accessories...

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
WOW ok idk who's dumber the guy trying to rob an undercover cop or this one

·
Registered
651 Posts
I was working in a shop where some one cut a guy's jeep (cloth top) open and stole his gun while in the parking lot. He got caught by the police later. As an aside, a guy bumped into me while I was working and I apologized as he did too. He then said how polite everyone is to each other in such a crowded store. I said yes we are but we are all probably armed to the teeth. We both chuckled.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
They couldn't have blown his brains out, he doesn't have any to begin with.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Stupid is as stupid does.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I've heard of people breaking in to them, but never trying anything while they're open. Out of the three I frequent, 2 of them are always staffed by at least 1 open carrier and I suspect the others CC.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
How stupid is it for some 16 y/o to want to be a gang banger? He is going to die or go to jail before he's 21, stealing a gun is just anecdotal evidence of that stupidity. Besides, the prosecutor will throw it out, not worth his time
Stealing guns from a business with an FFL is a federal crime.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
that was not the first and won't be the last thing that the stupid kid does in his life... the next one my just get him killed

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
WOW ok idk who's dumber the guy trying to rob an undercover cop or this one?
Same family...the Stupids!:hand44::yup:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
It is to bad that some one did not instill a sense of morals in this young man at a early age.

Bad parenting or no parenting will lead to prison time and or early death.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts