Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang, just counted FIVE days of 100 (f) here with two of 99 on each side and they haven’t even added heat index yet! “Houston, I believe we have a problem”

Amazing, God will get you for complaining if things are to hot or to cold. After all is said and done I’ll never complain about heat again. :wink:

....for 40 years...around and around thee mountain they went...living on manna day after day...:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
23,200 Posts
Wichita Kansas had a summer with a series of 100 F days in 1980. 18 days straight. But for one day at 98 F, 1980 would have set a record of 27 days straight. A miserable summer with a 5-6 month old baby that was colicky.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds like global warming. Maybe AOC needs to take action.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
It's 73 here , windows are open a slight breeze :wink:

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's 73 here , windows are open a slight breeze :wink:
:buttkick:

You have no idea how envious we are. 2-3 more years and we’re heading north. Folks here are real nice, it is the weather; I can't breath in heat like this going outside is out of the question. So humid you’ll drown walking to the mail box lol.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
:buttkick:

You have no idea how envious we are. 2-3 more years and we’re heading north. Folks here are real nice, it is the weather; I can't breath in heat like this going outside is out of the question. So humid you’ll drown walking to the mail box lol.
Sister, You will just trade being home bound for 2-3 months a year for heat.
For being home bound for 3 months for the cold. Then throw in a couple of blizzards.
As long as Texas stays Red, I do not want to live anywhere else. If I am forced out I will stay south of the Mason/Dixon

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Sounds like global warming. Maybe AOC needs to take action.
Yet they won’t speak about what happens at the end of the warming cycle. They can’t make money off that.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sister, You will just trade being home bound for 2-3 months a year for heat.
For being home bound for 3 months for the cold. Then throw in a couple of blizzards.
As long as Texas stays Red, I do not want to live anywhere else. If I am forced out I will stay south of the Mason/Dixon

I would have agreed with you if we had not been moved to Wisconsin due to work a couple of years ago. Being from a hot area, coastal SC, I didn’t think I’d like the cold/snow. Fell in love with it, one of the BEST years of my life. -23 and 32 don’t really feel any different to me cold is cold. We are not going that far north but will be looking in upper AR and MO in the near future to scout for land and retirement location :yup:

Texas is nice and so are the Carolinas where I’m from, CWO’s from VA and that is a beautiful state however we did our homework and this is what we came up with. I want snow! There are also tax laws and land cost factored into decision making.

I’ve threatened to learn German and move us to the Czech Republic or Austria if the Red Flag law falls on this country! Trump really burnt me up this morning grrr...

[both countries are relatively gun friendly - forgot which one, but one allows fully auto!!!:blink:]

·
Registered
33,875 Posts
Been there. Spent the summer in the Mohave Desert. I repented and was released for good behavior.

·
Super Moderator
16,096 Posts
I can take the cold far better than the heat, with the cold you can always put on more clothing but in the heat you can only take off so much then they arrest you for indecent exposure.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Odd one here for sure. I LOVE the heat, despise anything colder than 40F. Don't know why, but my comfort zone is around 100, but higher humidity does cause discomfort. It's 102 outside now, and I've been washing the gater and tractor - hot yes, but nice. Maybe it's just prep for what's waiting for me on the other side.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
It's ONLY 92 in Memphis today but with the humidity, we have a heat index of 105. I don't know where Sister and CWO are moving to upon retirement, but I am considering almost anywhere but Memphis, New Orleans or Houston.

Reactions: Sister and OldChap

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Dang, just counted FIVE days of 100 (f) here with two of 99 on each side and they haven’t even added heat index yet! “Houston, I believe we have a problem”

Amazing, God will get you for complaining if things are to hot or to cold. After all is said and done I’ll never complain about heat again. :wink:

....for 40 years...around and around thee mountain they went...living on manna day after day...:rolleyes:
I was amazed that it was still 82 at 3 A.M. when I was in Houston last week.

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Houston is a piece of cake.

We went through several days when it hit 121 degrees in the shade visiting in Terlingua. People got 2nd degree burns walking barefooted. We had a thermometer in the car and it registered 142 after 10 minutes parked with the windows up.

Of course, the humidity was only 4% which makes it a life threatening problem. My dad wanted to play golf in Lajitas and several holes there are right next to the Rio Grande river. You could see the steam floating up off the surface. People have no idea how dangerous those ultra low humidity / high heat days are. You can get dehydrated in as little as 30 minutes! And you never sweat - it evaporates before you even get damp.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's ONLY 92 in Memphis today but with the humidity, we have a heat index of 105. I don't know where Sister and CWO are moving to upon retirement, but I am considering almost anywhere but Memphis, New Orleans or Houston.

N AR and N/E part of MO. Small towns, less than 20,000. Low crime, low taxes, constitutional carry laws, land prices very good.

You gonna be our neighbor? :wink:

Reactions: lionround
1 - 20 of 55 Posts