Defensive Carry banner

How Many FLA Members Have Read the Book "Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership" ?

• I don't have the book or didn't know it existed.

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • I have the book but haven't read it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have started the book but haven't finished it.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I have read parts of the book.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have read the book cover to cover once.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I have read the book cover to cover more than once.

Votes: 21 33.9%

How many FLA Members have read the book "Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership" ?

3K views 30 replies 26 participants last post by  Oldskoolfan 
#1 ·
How many FLA Members have read the book "Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership" ?

How many Florida members have bothered to read the book... "Florida Firearms Law, Use and Ownership Sixth Addition or newer?

#5 ·
Gutmacher has a great book there...:yup:
My copy is not the newest issue, guess I need to re-order.
I do check them cover to cover...several times.:yup:

#6 ·
You can find the book at
ORLANDO GUN, WEAPON, & SELF DEFENSE LAWYER JON H. GUTMACHER, Esq. | Florida Firearms Law Book

I use it as a reference with friends and encourage people to read it, whether they are using firearms or not. I encourage the girls I work with to use at least pepper or a taser and show them the sections about less than lethal self defense. A number of them have started looking at getting their licenses. I have given away 3 copies but it is for a good cause.

#11 ·
How many Florida members have bothered to read the book... "Florida Firearms Law, Use and Ownership Sixth Addition or newer?
Not only that, both my wife and I carry Jon's card in our wallets and have his number in our cell phones.

Good guy. We're lucky to have a reference and advocate like him in FL.

#14 ·
Used in 8 LE academies, and by 80+ LE agencies, IIRC.

#13 ·
Read it twice and a half (in process re-reading).
Refer to it regularly when specific questions arise.

A must for keeping this guy's butt out of the pokey, so to speak. :redface:

#17 ·
Just found out!

After asking some questions which are not so easy to understand in the statutes GoldenSaber and several others mentioned this book. It has now gone to the top of my list and I will get a copy very soon. Thanks to GS and others who have offered assistance.

#18 ·
I read it when it FIRST came out but I usually rely on Marion Hammer's group Unified Sportsmen of Florida to keep me abreast of new laws headed my way, so I'd be careful in slinging around loaded terms like "negligent" were I you. Gun owners everywhere have a duty to stay up on local, state and federal law but the means by which they achieve said edification is up to them.

#28 ·
Gun owners everywhere have a duty to stay up on local, state and federal law
sad, very sad

while this may be true, it is a daggum shame that good people need to worry about their representatives sending thm to jail for exercising basic, constitutionally protected rights

Our elected servants (servants, not 'leaders') have a duty to keep up with the laws to protect our freedom.

Sadly, very sadly, they fail us.

#19 ·
I recently purchased the 2009 version of the Sixth Edition. It has replaced my dog-eared 2006 version. Both versions have been thoroughly read and are referred to frequently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.