Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking carrying an M&P 40 as my primary with a Kel-tec PF9 weakside and a Kel-Tec P3AT in an ankle rig. Thoughts?

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Sounds good to me. I've carried one weak side cross-draw, one strong side, and one SOB before. I haven't considered the ankle aspect yet. May be my choice for pants (jeans).

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Just one...why?:confused:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I've carried 3 before just to see if I could do it. I had my 1911 OC at my 3, I had my Glock concealed at my 6 and my KelTec in my pocket. :) Pocket knife and a tazer. Needless to say I was "armed to the teeth"

·
Registered
40 Posts
I try to carry 2 J-frames: a 640-1 on my belt and a 637-1 in my pocket.

I'm not sure that I can re-load one fast enough. Also, it's so natural to have my hand in my pocket.

·
Registered
131 Posts
When getting undressed starts to look like Tackleberry's love scene from Police Academy II, you're carrying too many guns.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The BUG or not to BUG discussion will go on forever. IMHO, as a civilian I see no need for a BUG. So, yes I think 3 is certainly too many for me.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Depends on what you are doing and where you are going. I'd say no more than 2(personal preferance), but I also know someone who carries one in a shoulder rig, a pocket holster and an ankle holster with another in the center console of his truck... And YES, I have to agree with The Arverni

"When getting undressed starts to look like Tackleberry's love scene from Police Academy II, you're carrying too many guns."

·
Registered
238 Posts
More than 3 is too many. Two is a lot of steel.

You should also have a knife or some other non-lethal stuff if you're in full Mall-Ninja mode. :king:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am picturing Neo from the first Matrix movie while walking into the Federal Building to save Morpheus....must have had as much weight in guns as his own body weight!

I've always just had my SV and my CRKT Mini My Tighe. The SV has been so reliable it count it as my BUG.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I only carry one , but thats just me.
I would said if you think you may have trouble swimming
IE can,t keep your head above water , you've got on too
many guns.:hand5:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I only carry one , but thats just me.
I would said if you think you may have trouble swimming
IE can,t keep your head above water , you've got on too
many guns.:hand5:
That's a good deciding factor.

Or, Just keep adding one at a time. When you get to the point of walking funny or you can't sit down, take one off. That's your number!

I generally carry 2 if anyone wants to jump on the bandwagon.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I carry two while working. I carry one off-duty. On rare occasions I carry two off-duty. I only do this if I know I will be going into a bad neighborhood.

I wouldn't want to carry three guns. Too many guns to worry about retaining. But if that is what you want to do, have at it.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
IMHO---unless you are in a career that puts you in danger every day I think 1 is enough, but I may very well be in the minority here.

One other thought is I don't live where you do, so I may not understand what threats you see every day.

Z

1 - 20 of 128 Posts