Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many guns are you allowed to carry in your state once you have a license for concealed carry ?

Just curious about this as I was asked this question a while back and did not know the answer. I called the Instructor who taught my state mandated concealed carry course, his answer was "since the law does not stipulate that you can only carry one weapon at a time, that must mean you can carry more than one."

Still have not found it in print anywhere.

Anyway... in your state, is there a stipulation ? And if you carry more than one weapon, what's your choice for a backup ?

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Well it used to be two in Nevada, but now it's changed. I just renewed my CCW and the application has allowances to list up to 40 guns. So I'd say that makes it pretty unlimited.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
acparmed said:
Well it used to be two in Nevada, but now it's changed. I just renewed my CCW and the application has allowances to list up to 40 guns. So I'd say that makes it pretty unlimited.
And sadly, somewhere, some Rambo wanna-be is trying to figure out how to cary 40 guns at the same time :wink:

Matt

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
same as Bud, feel sorry for those who are limited in their carrry options. Heck, we can legally carry an AR pistol if we wanted to.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Bout semteen! :sport01:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Yep - no restriction in PA, thank heaven! Always strikes me as totally punitive to make guys specify what their carry piece is or will be, or limit them.

Daily carry is 226 but if BUG on board then usually the lil' R9 9mm - pocket or ankle. If I really wanted to ''tool up'' then I'd also add sho rig - now with probably 228 within! That'd make for good mag inter-changeability - at least, in one direction.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
The question in Mi is not how many they will allow but how many will my back let me carry before it gives out. BTY concealed means concealed so they have to still be invisible to the casual observer.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Unlimited in Arizona :smile:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
No specified limit in CO either. New Mexico's permit allows only 1---that's the only state that has a limit that I know of.

Concerning your question about what back-up, I have only recently considered acquiring and using a back-up. I just picked up a subcompact Glock 27 (.40) today to try out as a back-up for my G21 (full size .45ACP).

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
As many as we want in NH......no limits..and we buy on a Drivers' License......carry with a Pistol and Revolver License

·
Registered
92 Posts
Anubis said:
New Mexico's permit allows only 1---that's the only state that has a limit that I know of.
That brings another question to mind...

If I carry in New Mexico with my Fl permit, am I limited to 1?
Fl has no limit I'm aware of...and it's not really an issue as I won't be carrying a BUG when I go...just curious.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
You are always subject to the rules of the jurisdiction you are physically in when carrying under an out of state license with reciprocity.

Matt

·
Registered
92 Posts
MattLarson said:
You are always subject to the rules of the jurisdiction you are physically in when carrying under an out of state license with reciprocity.

Matt
That's true generally, and probably in this specific case.
I just wondered if it might fall in a 'grey' area.

An example...
Texas, IIRC, requires a specific type of instruction to qualify, and I think even has some restrictions based on the type of handgun you use to qualify.
Florida only requires proof of competency/experience/training...a basic class, military experience, etc.

But to carry in Texas with my Florida permit I'm not required to meet those Texas-particular conditions.

Just pondering... :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
You don't have to meet the issuance requirements in the state you are visiting , but you have to meet the carrying requirements (i.e. off limits places, etc.)

For example, our Florida licenses allow us to carry chemical / electrical / impact weapons concealed as well. The law in Georgia or Texas might only allow for a gun, not an ASP baton or Taser.

Matt

·
Registered
814 Posts
No limit in TX AFAIK.

I wasn't thinking of Rambo types, but of the mid 70's Western where James Garner was an ex-gunfighter/gambler who had guns absolutely everywhere. (Wallet, hat, sleeves, boot, etc.) Think it was called Maverick.

·
Registered
726 Posts
There's no restriction in Florida.The permit is for the person, not the weapon(s).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts