Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. I carry a Streamlight TL2 LED always, so that's what I have on me right now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Surefire 6P. Sometimes a Surefire G2 or Inova X5 and I always have a Photon II around my neck.

·
Super Moderator
13,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Q-ball,
Just curious, how do you carry them - pouch?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have an Inova T1 that is my every day flashlight.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Surefire E1e in my L front pocket all the time... unless I'm on squad duty / in uniform, then it's a 6P on my belt and a LED keychain on my underbelt.

--Jim

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Brinkman Maxfire on me now. Hard to beat for $19.97 at Walmart.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't have a flashlight. I have three. Streamlight TL-2 LED 2nd Gen, Streamlight Keymate, and Photon Microlight II. Sometimes I will carry my Streamlight Scopion but it is mostly my bedside light. I also have a Surefire G2 but I'm not to keen on it. It has failed me two too many times.

This weekend I'm picking up a Streamlight Jr. Luxeon LED and a Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Luxeon LED.

(I like flashlights)

clipse

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
SureFire 6P on me at all times when I'm carrying, which is anytime I'm outside my house. A photon on my keychain.

·
Registered
862 Posts
My 6P with a 120 lumen lamp is on my duty belt. I got the case at a local L.E.O. supply store. The case was advertised as a cell phone case. I don't know of any cell phone that will fit in it. It does fit my 6P perfectly :confused:

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Mini mag

I have a mini mag light on my belt right now. A habit I developed while in the navy on submarines. It gets dark inside when the lights go out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Tangle said:
Q-ball,
Just curious, how do you carry them - pouch?
Photon II on bead chain around neck.
Surefire G2 in speed holster for duty belt
Surefire 6P in pocket
Inova X5 in pocket or nylon pouch that it came with. I sewed up the pouch on the Inova so that it doesn't dangle. I basically sewed the loop to the body of the holster so that the loop is still open. It's very secure now and doesn't flop around. I'll post a crappy pic sometime. :tongue:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Sitting on a hotel bed in my boxers right now, so I guess the answer would be no. However, I have a AA Mag Lite on the bedside stand next to my Benchmade Bali Song, my Walther P99, and my new Sig P228.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Just my lil' ol E1e Surefire on the belt, all time - it has the LED head and serves me very adequately.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I am ready for bed, so I guess, my answer is no as well. However I always have a little LED Lenser on my keyring, and 90% of the time I have a 2aaa mag lite. I like both for a few reasons.

#1 both are reliable and have decent, light output.

#2 Batteries for the Mag lite are cheap, and considering the lifespan of the batteries in the little Led Lenser(two year so far and it has seen a lot of use), they are an absolute bargain at $3.85 Since I use both lights for work on a nearly daily basis, this is important.

#3 they are both less than 15$ each, and both are reasonably well made. I don't know about you guys, but I would get a bit irritated over losing a $10-15 light down a whole, in a lake, etc. Losing a Surefire 6P would be a disaster. (no I don't often lose lights, but when you carry and use them in the situations I do, losability becomes a factor)

Having said all that, I would really like to have a super bright ultra reliable light like the Surefires.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Samaritan:

For a cost effective alternative, check out the Brinkmann Maxfire Xenon light available at Wally World or Target. It's not as posh as a Surefire but at the $16-$19 price tag, it's close enough for a lot of applications!

The main things I like about the Surefire are the lifetime guarantee, the rubber gaskets, the incredible throw of the light, and the fact that when you pick them up you can tell they really were made to be used in one hand while you hold your gun in the other. There are brighter lights for the money, but they don't have the throw these Xenon bulbs do. I know from experience my C2 can spotlight a man a football field away.

I actually carry that little Nuwai or my little Inova LED light for mundane lighting purposes.

Also Surefire makes the G2, a model that can be had for about $35. It's a plastic body, but I think it's a very sensible light and a great value.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I take a Surefire 9P with me to work now. But when I get hired at the SD I'm getting an M6. There's something about 500 lumens hitting a person at point blank that seems fun to me.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hey Q-Ball, could you please post that pic, I'm kinda curious what you did, but don't quite understand what you said. Thanks.

Oh, and I have a cheap Garrity light that I use as an EDC, it's a three AAA LED light. Nowhere near as bright as my Surefire G2 (I carry this on duty, and it's in my bag for when I go to the desert, if I go....) but it works well enough and it doesn't go through batteries nearly as fast.

A1C Lickey

1 - 20 of 40 Posts