Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I've lost count!
Having been in this game for over 4 decades my "collection" of related stuff, gizmos, gearthis&that, and holsters is at the "must inventory soon!" point. I inventoried my firearms years ago with SNs and important info for insurance purposes. But the holsters are another hornets nest altogether.
(then there's slings...ugh!)

So - Just curious...am I the only one?
How many holsters do you have? If we were counting drawers, I'd be on my 4th drawer. But I store mine suitcases. I think it's time to switch to Rubber Maid tubs.

OBW, IWB, Shoulder, Hunting, Concealment, Camo, Leather, Cordura, Summer, Winter...
how many?

I'm headed to Wally World for a couple of big plastic tubs! Then I'm going to count them all
take a photo of them (gonna need a ladder!) and get back to you later...give me a couple of days! This should be interesting...

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Just guessing but I'd say around 20-25 total, and all of them fit currently owned pistols. Only 3-4 of them aren't really for daily carry (cheap shoulder and drop leg). We also own several Remora that are used for pistols in the safe.

Reactions: Old Man

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
MB53, let not your heart, conscious or wallet be troubled. You are NOT alone. Very often, new pistoleros grow into a "holster drawer" for storage of ill-advised waist-wear. Then (usually) a larger, more portable, plastic "holster tub" takes over to deter mouse infestation and leather mold. Finally, we reach the ultimate in holster accumulation, the "holster garage". That becomes THE preferred place to pillage for holsters by your shooting buddies. Because there are holster models in THERE that fit pistols you can't even remember ever...owning. :blink:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Might need to label and sort. Blue or Green Painters tape is your friend.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
How many guns? How many ways do you carry each? I really don't know.

Reactions: Old Man

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a box that fits over my 24 gun safe organized with leather to the right, kydex left and anthing else in the middle. I have another box full of holsters that I no longer have guns to fit. Probably have 50 holsters many of them are $100-150 Alessi or Ritchie Leatherworks. Also have kydex ranging from cheap Fobus paddle to blade tech, comptac and some locally made custom molded kydex. Also have crossbreeds, galco king tuck and alien gear. I always have one or two on me too.Then I have full duty rigs from when I wore a uniform. Some leather and some nylon web gear. The duty rigs carry some memories from my leather gear I wore at the academy 18 years ago to nylon gear with drop holsters. I can only guess that I have about $3-4000 in holsters. I think as we get older and acquire more firearms, we tend to have different needs then maybe earlier on and sometimes different body types.

·
Super Moderator
18,019 Posts
Since my primary carry weapons are 1911s I have holsters to fit Officers, Commanders and Government models. I have several J, K and N S&W revolvers I only need a few to fit them all. Only have four shoulders one for a 2-inch Detective Special, a 4-inch S&W K frame, a T/C Contender and a Safariland X-15 that will fit several revolvers. Then there is the shoulder stock/holster for the Broomhandles. My older Colts and S&Ws are primarily range toys so I don’t have holsters for them.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Apparently, how ever many I have, they must are not enough, because I keep getting new ones! My best guess is somewhere around 25 - 30.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It maybe that I only have two pistols right now. (early in my weapons collecting) I have about 2 holsters for each. Or maybe that I'm too busy building other guys holsters to build my own hahaha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Going by the drawer measurement I am at 1 drawer full.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've shown tremendous constraint over the years of my carrying. Let's see....2 in my sock drawer, 4 in my underwear drawer, 2 in my range bag, 1 in my truck, 1 beside my bed, 2 under my mattress. That would make a baker's dozen...

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
The only thing that keeps me from having drawers full is I tend to sell, trade, or give away the ones that don't get used a lot.
I think I'm sitting now at just under 2 dozen.
Now if you want to know what takes up a lot of room ....Almost every long gun I have taken in comes with a hard or soft case [or both]. I recently opened up my storage closets and sent my son and grandkids home with a trunk full. I don't remember buying any of them. With every gun I buy I seem to get a few more. DR

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Two firearms, four holsters. So far, only one will most likely live out its life in The Drawer. Bought a paddle holster and the leather ain't too bad so I'd like to make something of it so it isn't such a waste.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have one IWB holster, a Theis.
For OWB:
I have two cheapo kydex, a safariland GLS I don't have an opinion on, an IMI defense I like but needs to sit lower and a Comp-Tac international for competition.

Not many. I also don't have many guns. Just five.

·
Registered
327 Posts
3 handguns, 7 holsters, plus the one plastic thing that came with my P938.

Everyone you meet knows something you don't.
- H. Jackson Brown

1 - 20 of 39 Posts