Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is no qualifiable numerical answer. You need as many as you need. You'd be better off with a fire-support team than a mountain of loaded magazines.
I agree. Where are the neighbors or kinfolks. I’m rural so I’m fairly safe but if needed I have help or can give it.

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
All of them, and Im constantly buying more.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Hmmm, keep telling the wife she needs to go to matches with me. Ya know so we can be a more effective fire and maneuver team, if needed.
At least I've got her comfortable with what we have, and she can shoot very well just not experienced at speed.

But living in a rural area, I can see the mob coming for at least a quarter mile away.

My heart goes out to those in the cities though.
Could spot the zombies at 5 miles to the west,10 every other direction

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Same as ever. No extra mags on me when I'm out. Loaded extra mags and extra guns are at home. The big crime hoopla here in my town is this -- somebody killing plants. And it hasn't even happened this year -- just last year at this time. Big police investigation, reward offered, and everything!! :smile:
20200516_153214.jpg

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
All of them, unless you plan on driving nails with them. But really, if a couple of mags won't do it, then back up is needed. ... that's what the Mrs is for ! lol

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
One man with one trigger finger. I don't think it matters how many loaded mags you have. Its the same hollow argument for capacity for numerous armed attackers. Your toast anyway you slice it against a mob.
Disciplined fire, start dropping them and the rest will scatter.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't worry about riots where I live as I think the possibility is pretty remote. But just as a normal procedure I usually keep all my mags loaded. It saves time on range days, at least at the start. I don't have a big supply of mags, usually 2-3 for each pistol and 2 each for the AR's. So there's 200+ rounds loaded at any time. As others have mentioned if that's not enough the doo-doo is really deep. I also agree that cutting down a few at the front would tend to disperse the rest. Those bad ass rioters would be a lot less brave once the lead started flying their way.

·
Premium Member
33,759 Posts
I have observed before that it really doesn't matter how much ammo you have unless it is loaded in mags where it can be used now!

In light of current events, how many mags for current events? (Thinking S&W Sport II and or pistols)

Current events are different than home defense. For home defense, one or two magazines should be plenty. But now we are facing crowds and mobs and fleeing your home or whatever situation.

How many mags would you consider prudent to have available? Pistol and/or Rifle.
However many it takes to make you feel warm and fuzzy.

·
Premium Member
33,759 Posts
Disciplined fire, start dropping them and the rest will scatter.
Start with the closest ones first, for those who doubt that particular approach.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
You're gonna start emptying mags into a riot crowd right now even if they are threatening you? Watch for yourself on the National news as a "celebrity" of the sort you will not want, face certain prosecution if ya live through the event, and kiss goodbye to living the rest of your life unnoticed. Best move and change your name. Just musing here -- I know what I'm gonna do -- stay as far the Heck away from ANY of this current mess as I possibly can. :yup:

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Regardless of how many mags I staying out of the hood. And if they come here I will have plenty. For my CC I normally do not carry extra mags. With what is going on now and I had to go into Madison or Milwaukee. AR loaded next to me car or on sidecar rig my CC and 3 mags.

·
Registered
33,911 Posts
You're gonna start emptying mags into a riot crowd right now even if they are threatening you? Watch for yourself on the National news as a "celebrity" of the sort you will not want, face certain prosecution if ya live through the event, and kiss goodbye to living the rest of your life unnoticed. Best move and change your name. Just musing here -- I know what I'm gonna do -- stay as far the Heck away from ANY of this current mess as I possibly can. :yup:
Sometimes trouble will find you. Your home is your castle and no one should ever be forced to leave it to mobs if they don't wish to.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts