Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When your carrying how many of you keep one in the chamber? I never used to because I carried a double action kel tec with no safety and I was always scared I would bump something and shoot myself in the leg. I know that carrying without one in the chamber is useless in a quick situation where you don't have time to rack a round but I'm just curious.

Also when you get home do you unchamber the round when you dress down?

·
Registered
236 Posts
When your carrying how many of you keep one in the chamber? I never used to because I carried a double action kel tec with no safety and I was always scared I would bump something and shoot myself in the leg. I know that carrying without one in the chamber is useless in a quick situation where you don't have time to rack a round but i'm just curious.

Also when you get home do you unchamber the round when you dress down?
I carry a 1911 in Condition One, cocked and locked. If I disarm, I unsnap the IWB holster and pull the whole thing from my belt/waist. The gun is actually unloaded [drop magazine, then rack slide] about one a week. All other times it is in the holster with the safety engaged, the trigger covered and pointed in a safe direction.

A proper holster is essential for any gun carried to cover the trigger

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use an uncle mikes in the pant's holster, it covers the trigger but it's very soft material. I think I would feel better if the trigger was coverd by something harder. I either carry a keltec pf9 or a ruger sp101, I carry the keltec more because it's smaller and lighter, any suggestions on a good concealable holster for the keltec that protects the trigger? I don't wear a belt that often but would if it was necessary.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I always keep it loaded and chambered unless I am cleaning it. There is a cabinet near the door where it stays incase it is needed. I keep a loaded shotgun in the bedroom closet as well.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
loaded and chambered in the holster, safe or nightstand...every defensive gun in my safe is loaded including the shotgun...

the round generally does not leave the chamber unless it is fired, the gun is being cleaned or i need to clear it for whatever reason (usually when holstering another gun at the gun shop i will remove my gun and clear it before placing it on the counter with the slide open)...

·
Registered
236 Posts
I use an uncle mikes in the pant's holster, it covers the trigger but it's very soft material. I think I would feel better if the trigger was coverd by something harder. I either carry a keltec pf9 or a ruger sp101, I carry the keltec more because it's smaller and lighter, any suggestions on a good concealable holster for the keltec that protects the trigger? I don't wear a belt that often but would if it was necessary.
Lots of good hard materials, I like a leather but if minimum bulk is what you want and you can''t find [or make, I make my own] try Kaydex.

·
Super Moderator
22,138 Posts
How many of you carry a loaded chamber?
Is it that time of month again? :wink:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
:wave:

One in the chamber and a full mag, on me or in the safe. Those are the only options.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.