Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...had to answer questions like this on your CCW application?

44. Has anyone in your household been convicted of a felony or serious offense? YES NO

45. Have you or any member of your household ever suffered mental illness, or been confined to any hospital, public or private institution, for mental illness?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I didn't have to answer for my family/household...

that was in Arizona

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Not in PA. We don't have anywhere near 45 questions either.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
i had questions like that but it wasent about the family just about me

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Some states still seem to like to see their law abiding citizens carrying, even some LEO. But form what I have heard NY is not one of them. NC did check MY mental health records. Not that I have any... uhm... nevermind.:blink:

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
That may be a tough question for anyone's 'extended' family...everyone has at least one black sheep.

Only about 12-15 questions in FL, and nothing about family.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses so far.

Not in PA. We don't have anywhere near 45 questions either.
It's 50 questions on the current Suffolk County, NY application!

The questions go beyond just an intrusion into my privacy but demand that I disclose personal information about others in order to exercise my Constitutional rights. It's crazy!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks for the responses so far.

It's 50 questions on the current Suffolk County, NY application!

The questions go beyond just an intrusion into my privacy but demand that I disclose personal information about others in order to exercise my Constitutional rights. It's crazy!
Yeah NY stinks like that..... I think most counties have that same or similar application. I seem to recall answering many questions.

Just wait until you get to your interview process. Mine was not too bad, but it depends on who is doing it. Do you know if Suffolk if its the Sheriff or Judge, or what?

My interview was with a NY State Police investigator. He was a cool guy though and just asked basic background questions, and a few personality and conversation questions.....

But I've heard some counties have much more intense interviews.....

Either way..... NY is fun....:twak:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah NY stinks like that..... I think most counties have that same or similar application. I seem to recall answering many questions.

Just wait until you get to your interview process. Mine was not too bad, but it depends on who is doing it. Do you know if Suffolk if its the Sheriff or Judge, or what?

My interview was with a NY State Police investigator. He was a cool guy though and just asked basic background questions, and a few personality and conversation questions.....

But I've heard some counties have much more intense interviews.....

Either way..... NY is fun....:twak:
In Suffolk it is the Suffolk County PD.

I got my license 20+ years ago and if my memory serves me there were no questions about individuals living in the household and no questions regarding prescribed medication. Actually I don't remember any of these types of question on the last renewal application I completed about two years ago.

What other Constitutional right is limited by the actions or health condition of individuals living with you? Is your "privilege" to drive restricted based on the actions or mental health of those living with you?

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
VA and OK only ask about the applicant.

·
Super Moderator
17,561 Posts
No questions like that on North carolina app.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So far Arizona, California, Florida, Kansas, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania do NOT require that you inform on members of your family and invade their privacy in order to exercise your Constitutional right to own a firearm.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Neither does Missouri

1 - 20 of 27 Posts